Take Me There | Teen Ink

Take Me There

By graysuhh13 BRONZE, Palos Heights, Illinois
graysuhh13 BRONZE, Palos Heights, Illinois

I remember it like it was yesterday, his voice screeching in my ears: “ SARAH WATCH OUT!!” I turned so see a car, it was right in front of me. As I closed my eyes and prepared to get projected across the street, I found myself lying on grass.

“ Dad, what just happened?”

Silence.

“ Dad?!”

Silence.

As I glanced around to see where me father was, I noticed what appeared to be red paint splattered across my arm.

Pulling myself off the ground, I turned around realizing this was not red paint; it was my father’s blood.

“ Dad!” I screamed, but no response.

“ D-d-d-ad” I fought to say, now getting light headed from the blood.

“ D--” But it was too much. The blood was taking its toll. The red river that was now leaking into the thirsty sewer, turned to black. I was out.

***

“ Sarah hun, wake up. Sarah c’mon.”

Rubbing my eyes slowly, I woke up to find my mother sitting on the side of my bed.

“ Oh, thank God, you finally woke up. I am going to your grandmother’s, would you like to come?”

“Um, I think I am going to have to pass for today. Sorry.”

“ C’mon Sarah,” my mom pleaded, “it will be fun.”

“ Unless you find getting death stairs from a grandmother, who constantly blames you for her son’s death fun, I am pretty sure you would choose to pass too.”

“ She does not blame you Sarah.”

“ Yes. Yes she does. Plus, I am not feeling so hot, I think I am just going to stay in today.”

“ Fine,” my mother said, sounding defeated, “I will go by myself.”

Once my mother finally left, I jumped out of my bed, threw shorts and a t-shirt on, and went on a run. It was two years, to this day, that my father died. Ever since then, I feel like I have lost everything. I lost all my friends, mainly my fault: never returning their calls. I lost my boyfriend, whom was worthless and a waste of my time anyways. But the worst of all, was that I lost hope. Hope for friends, hope for the future, and hope for me.

As I was in deep thought with myself, I suddenly got distracted when a tennis ball hit me in the head. Picking up the ball, getting ready to throw it back at whatever little kid thought it was funny to throw at me, I stood see two teenaged guys; they had to be my age.

“ Sorry about that,” the tall dark haired one yelled across the yard. He was now jogging over to me. Great, I thought to myself, now I have to make conversation with him.

“ Oh, it’s fine, don’t worry about it.”

“ Ray,” he said, “ I’m new here.”

“ Oh, um, Sarah,” I replied, “I’m not.”

He just stood there, staring at me. It was a good 10 seconds before I realized what he was waiting for.

“ Right,” I said,” here’s your ball.” As I turned around and started pacing myself for my jog, I could feel his eyes staring at me; I was certain of it.