A Night Tale | Teen Ink

A Night Tale

By Angel_Face BRONZE, Eatonville, Washington
Angel_Face BRONZE, Eatonville, Washington

Life is like your wildest dream you have no choice but to keep going. By: Me

I roll over and let out a sigh another Sunday morning, ugh. It is already lunch time and I’m just waking up with some wicked bed hair and fierce hunger pains. I slowly push myself up and retreat to the bathroom, but before I reach the door I hear sobbing. I force myself to look down the hall way and witness my mom cleaning and letting tears roll down her face at the same pace as the broom is moving. I close my eyes and pretend for a second that I wasn’t seeing that, but right when I opened them again there she was again crying. I continue with my routine of getting in the shower and washing all my troubles and pain away with the water that goes down the drain. The difference today is that they just wouldn’t wash away there is just too much. The literal pain in my knee and side, the heartache of being away from my boyfriend for so long, the hate I have towards myself, or the pain that is brought to me when seeing my mom hurting. All these things have overwhelmed me, yet I continue trying to wash them away like always. It just won’t work today or ever I have to do something about it, but I don’t know how. I finish my shower and get dressed into comfortable clothes because it is Sunday. I slowly wonder into the kitchen, then the living room, then threw the whole house and there is no one in sight. I begin to worry but not quickly enough because I start to hear those sobs again. My whole family was gone except my mom. I hesitate on my next couple of steps and the words that found their way out of my mouth.
“Is everything okay mom?”
No answer.
“Mom?”
“No everything is not okay, your father left.”
“Well where did he go?”
I start to get worried because she starts cleaning again and doesn’t answer me.
“Mom, where did he go!”
“He left Peyton! He left us and took your brother! I don’t know where they went!”
By now I was furious and before I knew it I was already out of the house and tears were rolling down my face faster than I could breathe. I started running down the street; I closed my eyes and let my feet take me where ever they went. I ran for what seemed like days but it was only a half an hour. I reached the house and I rushed to the front door and knocked a couple of times and then just stood there. The door opened and I knew it was him without even looking, I could tell by how he breathed and the smell that lingered around us could be only his sent. I didn’t open my eyes because I didn’t want to look at anything or anyone. I slightly heard his voice when he finally had taken everything in.
“Peyton, oh my god.”
I knew I looked like hell because I could feel the tears still rolling down my face, my hair was still wet from my shower, and I had just ran a couple of miles. He wrapped his arms around me and crushed me to him. I started sobbing and screaming; I was furious, sad, and confused. After a couple minutes he started rubbing my head and patting down my messy hair. He pulled my face away from his chest where I had left a big wet stain from crying.
“Peyton you need to tell me what is going on.”
“My my my father and brother left.”
I could barely talk, I was stuttering and sobbing and those just don’t mix when you want to talk. He didn’t say anything he just took me into his arms again and then picked me up because my knees were wobbling and he could feel me about to give out. He carried me to his room and laid me down on his bed. We laid together for a couple of hours in silence the only noises being made were me sniffling and crying and him humming trying to soothe me. While laying there I remembered a year ago I had just spoken to him for the first time, 11 months ago I met him in person for the first time, and 10 months ago I knew I loved him. His name is Cody and he is a couple inches taller than me, with blond hair short as can be, he is slender but stronger than you could imagine, and he has this magical way of making me smile. The first time I laid my big blue eyes on that boy I immediately knew it was him, my guy. I walked up to him and we both had the biggest smiles ever. The first time he held me I felt like I could fly, but the first time we kissed I was in heaven. His lips so smooth were caught off guard by mine that were so cold, collided for just a little bit. Without any warning he got up and gently slid his arms under my weak body and lifted me up so easily like I was a pillow. He carried me out to his truck and carefully laid me on the seat, and then got in on the driver’s side. While he was starting the engine I slid my body closer to him slowly and laid my head on his lap and closed my eyes and whispered,” I love you”.
I woke up and rolled over in my bed and let out another sigh. Except this time it was a sigh of relief another horrible dream of my past over with. Unlike my dream I was in my own house with my husband. I went to get up but Cody pulled me back down and I squealed with delight. He asked, “What did you dream about this time?”
“I dreamed of that day I ran to you when my parents were fighting. The day you drove me back home and later my dad and brother came back and everything was okay again”.
He responded quickly, “I love you sweetie”.
“I love you too”

Thank you, i will continue to write. (:

laughter222 GOLD, East Northport, New York

the best things in life are always unseen
that's why we close our eyes when we
kiss, cry, and dream.

Aw!  I really liked this.  I like how it starts out depressing and gets the readers attention, but then you turn it around in the end and it's just happy feelings. keep writing!