Diary of an American | Teen Ink

Diary of an American

By PS3Writer BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
PS3Writer BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

The Twin Towers were attacked earlier today. The news has been everywhere. Only kid’s networks are still showing cartoons. Terrorists have left they’re mark on our country. Will we act? Bush is at some 2nd grade class reading. What will he do?

Mere hours after the Twin Towers fell; the pentagon was also hit by a terrorist ruled plane. Carnage is everywhere today as many people have lost their lives to this injustice act. What kind of people would do this?

Yet another crash has happened. In the fields of Pennsylvania, a plane went straight down at an incredible speed. It has been reported that the passengers tried to over take the Terrorist pilot, but when they did, the pilot slammed into the earth. Thank you to those on board for saving other peoples lives.

Congress has spoken. The US will invade Iraq: a war to find Bin Laden, the person behind the 9/11 attacks. He is reportedly in a cave somewhere in the Iraqi country. I hope this war will end soon: before many of our troops are killed.

The war still rages on. This Independence Day should be looked upon differently. We have wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. A country should embrace its wars and its war victims instead of celebrating all day of one war no one was there for.
Barack Obama has taken over control of the country. He now has full power over the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now, due to bad loans, the banks have caused our country to fall into an even greater bankruptcy.
Obama’s a hypocrite. Throughout the campaign, he promised to take our troops out of Afghanistan, but now he wants 20,000 more troops to go into war. 20,000 more lives scarred forever by war.
The war is still raging on. I do not see an end in the near future. Bin Laden is still cowering in his dark cave, making the war drag on. Only God knows what will happen with this war.
Bin Laden is dead. A double agent who was supposed to give him food shot him. Thankfully, we are calling in the troops. The wars are over, and hopefully, we won’t be invaded by the other side. Our country rejoices after years of war. This Independence Day, we will have something to celebrate.