Dear Diary

By , Troy, MI
The same dream happened again last night. The same dream that’s been twisting and turning in my head for months. A dream that will never become reality because I won’t let it. It’s quite simple really; how else to stop your diary from being read than not writing down in a diary at all?
The idea that someone could be reading my thoughts, fantasies, ideas and experiences would totally ruin my illusion of fearlessness and independence. Then what would I be? A simple, average normal girl. Bland, plain, revolting.

Pshhh, who needs a diary anyway? Why would anyone take the risk of writing down their thoughts when they can be kept in the locked safe of the brain?

Though lately it’s been getting too much. With no one to confide in and nothing to write in, my head’s starting to burst. Everytime I see him, I want to express my feelings. Everytime she walks by, I have to resist the urge to trip her.

Is this how it feels to be lonely?
***
The slight pain in my wrist signaled the end of my writing. I closed my diary and didn’t even lock it. Turning around, I smiled at him and we started to talk, about everything, anything and nothing.
***
Closing my eyes, I go to sleep, not worrying about a dream because who cares if it comes true?

dancer13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 10:36 am
I like this a lot, but the paragraph about her writing in the diary- i thought she didn't want to, right? if you had left that out, it would have been even better!! Check out some of my stuff, please(:

Inquirer replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 11:33 am
She didn't want to let out her feelings but eventually she couldn't keep bottling up everything inside.

dancer13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

oh....(: thanks! that really cleared it up.

perhaps a transition there would do the same thing?

elwriter replied...
I agree. It kind of confused me, too, but I love the storyline. It's cute.