The ten rules of life | Teen Ink

The ten rules of life

By meganz23 SILVER, Cayce, South Carolina
meganz23 SILVER, Cayce, South Carolina

To my darling daughter,
I know you have just started high school an I’m sure you have some questions about life. I’m sorry that I’m not their to help you with your problems But here’s some advice that I would have found very helpful. Lets just say they’re the “ten rules” of life. I Know your probably thinking this is a bunch of crap but just have an open mind. So here it goes.

Rules #1 always believe in yourself. This will help a lot in life. If you don’t believe in yourself no one else will. Rule #2 try your best at everything you do. If you fail (which I doubt you ever will) at least you can say you did your best. Rule #3 have fun. You only live once. You don’t want to be on your death bed thinking “I should have done that while I had chance”. Rule #4 always be honest. Lying wont get you anywhere in life believe me I learned the hard way. Rule #5 be nice to everyone! You don’t know what has happened to a person to make them act the way they do. Sometimes all they need is a smile.

Rule#6 never walk away from true love. Love is the only thing we have to live for. It’s the closest thing we have to magic. Rule #7 Go to school. Graduate collage. It’s very important that you have a good education and be financially responsible. Rule #8 don’t buy a credit card. All it will do is get you to spend money you don’t have. Rule #9 don’t live with regrets. What’s done is done. You can’t rewrite the past. And lastly rule #10 remember that I love you. Even though the cancer took me away from you I will always be in your heart. I love you ayla

Love,

Your Mother