Anonymous Man

Who is this man? I do not know him, but he is beautiful. His hair is as dark as the moonless night, covering his head in soft, tousled curls. He has black, arched eyebrows, which give him an air of intelligence. A strong nose and jaw makes him look down-to-earth. His cheekbones are high, hinting at Native American ancestry. His tanned skin is like silk, without a mark or blemish. Some unknown humor quirks his curved lips into an adorably crooked grin.

It is his eyes that capture me. They are the most peculiar color, a deep violet, like liquid amethysts. Framed by long, thick, dark lashes, they draw me in until I am drowning in them. They are a thousand years old, though he is obviously not even close to that age. His solemn eyes show me sadness, disaster, and hardships, but also recognition, happiness, and hope. Who is this man? I do not know him, but I have a feeling I will.

mudpuppy said...
I know this is fiction, but the man that she is describing sound very handsome and mysterious. I eager to read more. :)

readaholic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Interesting and nicely short!  Yum yum this is some good reading

cafelene said...
i'm not one for descriptions and imagery. i don't really care actually because i'm more into the feeling of the story, but this piece is amazing. in it theres relation!! and imagery that makes you want to know and want to see! it's cool.:)

MO@TMS said...
Impressive writing - very descriptive.  I think I might know this man if I saw him on the street.

Third Mom said...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 7:47 am
Well I am waiting for the next page, you truly have me on the edge of my seat.

limwen17 replied...
Which mom? And it takes a while for the process to go through. I submitted another article, but it won't be posted for a while.

limwen17 said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:43 am
That wold be nice. Thanks!!!

limwen17 replied...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:45 am
I mean to mileymom24... clicked a wrong button... oops... :)

love2read said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:32 am
Amazing! The words are vivid and captivating. Hope to read more in the future.

limwen17 replied...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:50 am
Probably will be writing more. Thanks for the comment! ;)

mick said...
Very talented young writer. Keep writing...I think we'll read more from in years to come. Enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing

mileymom24 said...
So creative and descriptive. My favorite that you have written. I love to share this one around for you. Keep writing!!

The Glamourista said...
An extremely interesting, descriptive story. It made me feel as if I was also looking upon this man...excellent writing style! Keep it up!

poppabear said...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 9:07 am
That's my girl! Keep writing!

mommabear said...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 8:05 am
What a neat story!!!!

OCPepsigirl replied...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 8:25 am
This was Very Nicely Written...Enjoyed Reading It What To Read More :)

limwen17 replied...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 9:14 am
Thanks! I'm new, so i hope to be writing more...