Prologue- Nanowrimo 2009 | Teen Ink

Prologue- Nanowrimo 2009

By Wadilo13 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
Wadilo13 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

"Any fool can know, the point is to understand" -Albert Einstein

Walking, jogging, stopping, and then running, I had to get to my house, the feeling I was going to die was overtaking me. Blood was gushing out of my mouth, spasms were slowly controlling me, and I was nauseous. I tried to hide myself from the worried pedestrians but there was no possible way that they wouldn’t see the blood trails leading to me and along with all the blood I was losing, I was also losing consciousness. All the objects that were reflected by light into my eyes were being turned into a blob of color and if a feather landed on my shoulder I would surely fall.
Dizziness and more blood, I knew something like this was going to happen. But why? Why did this have to happen to me and why now? I was going to die but I at least wanted to see my wife and boy one time before I died, and if I was still alive I would call 911.
I called my wife and told her to meet me at our house, I didn’t want her to be worried so that’s all I told her. I was less than 20 seconds from home and the next thing I felt wasn’t my hand on the door knob but a rock under my shoe and then asphalt on my face.
Just as I was getting up from my accident I saw my wife pull into the driveway and a bullet flying through the air. I screamed her name as loud as I possibly could and for a moment my eyes met hers. At that point I was already up and running, willing to risk my last breathe for her, I was crying and sobbing. A thought ran through my mind that we would both be dead within seconds. I watched as the bullet soared through the air and went straight through her neck.
I knew she was dead and I was going to die. I could call 911 to save myself but I wouldn’t be able to live without her. I laid her on the floor, laid next to her and put her hand in mine. Then I closed my eyes.

This is the prologue to my second novel, my first is called Virus-Seven Passwords and it is posted here already.