She's Beautiful Inside And Out | Teen Ink

She's Beautiful Inside And Out

By Whitehorse144 SILVER, Templeton, Pennsylvania
Whitehorse144 SILVER, Templeton, Pennsylvania

The past is practice.

She tells me that she's not good enough. She says she's not as pretty, as fun, or as smart. I have a different opionon than her. I think she's beautiful, exciting, and a genious. I'm not just the best friend that tells her lies to make her feel better. I'm the best friend that tells her the truth but she just won't beileve the words that I'm saying. She's auditioned more than once, she just didn't have the confidence. She's excited everytime, when she walks through the doors and can see the stage ahead of her. Then she looks around and see's the pretty girls with blond hair and straight white teeth. The ones that all the guys are after. That's when it happens, she loses her smile. She can't compete against them, she tells herself that she can't. I tell her that she is just as good as the other girls. She just doesn't think she's pretty enough. How do I explain that it's not about the looks, it's about the talent. Is she going to ever perform? Ever let go of the nerves? I'll tell her to keep beileving. Keep searching for the inner beauty.

It's hard to get people to understand that they are better than they think.