The Key | Teen Ink

The Key

February 25, 2010
By meganleigh122 GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
meganleigh122 GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
13 articles 0 photos 81 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."


The golden Acura had been following the bus for a couple days. Now it was joined by three identical Acuras. It was weird.

When we hit the highway, three of the Acuras broke their line behind the bus and drove around the bus, two satying beside it, one kept going about a mile then started to slow down, warning the bus to do so. I knew what was going on then.

"Dont stop!" I yelled at Mike the bus driver.

He didnt hear me over the roar of bus talk. I tried to run up to tell him, but I didn't make it in time because tehre was so many kids on the bus.

Mike slammed on the brakes just in time to not hit the Acura in front. I would have demolished him with the bus. But that's just me.

I had slammed into a fourth grader and made him cry when I hit him. I hid behind him, my backpack clutched to my chest.

A young man with dark hair abd peircing blue eyes boarded the bus. He searched for something, but he wasn't getting it.

"Where is Maria Turner?" he said in a honey sweet and seductive voice. I wasn't fall for it again.

I looked around at all the innocent and silent kids who knew nothing of the real world yet. I couldn't get them hurt because of this.

I passed the backpack to my friend, whispering, "Keep this a secret."

Then I stood up.