seeing with your eyes closed | Teen Ink

seeing with your eyes closed

February 23, 2010
By Anonymous

Looking around with tears filling up her eyes. I tell her to take a deep breath.Taking deep breaths doesn't help she says. I know this is true but i just give her a sad smile and nod. She says she wants to be alone but I can tell from her longing eyes she wants me to stay. I ask her to tell me exactly what happend tonight but her quiet sobbing doesnt allow her to speak. I just put my arm around her and sit with her on the floor.I look at her arm to see at least 4 new blisters.

My sisters been using injecting herion for about 2 months now. She tells me im too young to worry about her but I can't help it. I tell her shes going to die and she cant keep doing this. She promises me she'll stop soon but I can see through her sincere eyes.

when she first started using she sold it off as a cold or allergys, later we found out it was withdrawl from having so much one night and not using again until the next weekend. When I walked in on her injecting herion. I was so shocked I just stood there staring at her arm with her veins popping out. She just turned her head and told me to go outside her room and wait for her. I waited a few seconds then did what I was told. Now shes come home so many times high i'm not shocked I just go up to her and hug her and help her take off her shoes and get into bed.

I tell her I love her everyday because i'm not sure how much longer i'll be able to. I can't tell my parents because shes already been to juive twice for running away and stealing my parents car. I don't know what i can do so I just try to talk her out of it. I even looked up rehabs but she doesn't listen to anything I say.

I'm afraid she is going downhill fast but I just hope i can help her before she kills herself with the drugs..


The author's comments:
I just wrote this one night while watching a news story on teenage drug use. I hope you enjoy it.