seeing with your eyes closed | Teen Ink

seeing with your eyes closed

Looking around with tears filling up her eyes. I tell her to take a deep breath.Taking deep breaths doesn't help she says. I know this is true but i just give her a sad smile and nod. She says she wants to be alone but I can tell from her longing eyes she wants me to stay. I ask her to tell me exactly what happend tonight but her quiet sobbing doesnt allow her to speak. I just put my arm around her and sit with her on the floor.I look at her arm to see at least 4 new blisters.

My sisters been using injecting herion for about 2 months now. She tells me im too young to worry about her but I can't help it. I tell her shes going to die and she cant keep doing this. She promises me she'll stop soon but I can see through her sincere eyes.

when she first started using she sold it off as a cold or allergys, later we found out it was withdrawl from having so much one night and not using again until the next weekend. When I walked in on her injecting herion. I was so shocked I just stood there staring at her arm with her veins popping out. She just turned her head and told me to go outside her room and wait for her. I waited a few seconds then did what I was told. Now shes come home so many times high i'm not shocked I just go up to her and hug her and help her take off her shoes and get into bed.

I tell her I love her everyday because i'm not sure how much longer i'll be able to. I can't tell my parents because shes already been to juive twice for running away and stealing my parents car. I don't know what i can do so I just try to talk her out of it. I even looked up rehabs but she doesn't listen to anything I say.

I'm afraid she is going downhill fast but I just hope i can help her before she kills herself with the drugs..

I just wrote this one night while watching a news story on teenage drug use. I hope you enjoy it.

writergirl13 GOLD, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

Wow. That is so deep! I'm sorry anyone has to do this in life at all, but it's important to remember that, unfortunately, some people do this every day. Beautiful piece, though. Beautifully written. And beautiful emotions. This really makes you consider things, doesn't it?