Erased | Teen Ink

Erased

February 18, 2010
By carrcarrx BRONZE, Margate, New Jersey
carrcarrx BRONZE, Margate, New Jersey
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dont take life to seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway"


Slowly I got erased. I was in high school, a first glance at me I was just like you. A teenage girl going through high school, I had many friends , I was always at the Friday night parties and nights out with the girls. A deeper glance and you could see that High school had started with my mind, then creeped into my appearance, and played with my heart like it was it’s yo-yo. The persistence it takes to fit in, it could do it to anybody. I looked into the mirror today, nobody stared back at me…

Sometimes I wish I could take it back, take everything back, from the moment high school erased me. Just spend another day going shopping with my mom, watching survivor with my dad, or even hanging with my friends at the mall. Sometimes you might not even be aware of it, but a rope gets tired around you, a bondage of all your struggles, sometimes so tight that you might even give up on trying to un-tie yourself. I guess you can say that is what happened to me…

The night I was erased my friend had invited me to a party. My friends and I got ready in our outfits we had bought the week before. I wore a pink dress that fit perfectly to the curves of my body, I wore my gold earrings with my gold bracelet. The neck of my dress was laced with black satin. As usual, we wanted to get tipsy before the party. Something was different this time though, my friend put her keys into the ignition, we all pilled into the car. I knew this picture wasn’t right. I was riding in the passenger seat, I leaned over to turn the music up…


I looked in the mirror today, nobody stared back at me. I realized I was in heaven, standing in front of god. I was staring into god the whole time. He put his hand on my shoulder, we began to walk… we walked into the gates.


The author's comments:
High school can change you, it can erase you. That's why this article shows teenagers to just be who you are and to make the right choices.