Finally Free

My world was spinning. I briefly looked down to see the bottle of pills lying next to me…. Oh how I regretted taking them. But, my regret only lasted a second. Then I was soaring. Flying high over my pain and suffering. I was finally free.

FLASHBACK (3 Days Prior)

I was walking back from the club, alone. How foolish of me, looking back on it. I was too preoccupied humming to myself and feeling the effects of the alcohol that I didn’t notice the 2 men following me. By the time I realized it, they had grabbed me, and pulled me into an ally next to an abandoned building. I tried t scream, but I could only watch through hazy, blood-shot eyes as the men ripped off my clothes and raped me, one after the other, again and again. All I could think of was the searing pain and the menacing faces and taunting, jeering laughs of the men as they took away the only thing I had left in my life that was pure, and untouched. I was only 20, but for the past 3 years, my stepfather had abused me. While he did not sexually abuse me, he occionsaly hit me and often called me dirty names like w**** or s***, even though I was a virgin. But this was the final straw.

END FLASHBACK

Looking back on it now, It was a foolish I idea. After the men had finished and left me there, bleeding and alone, I had worked up enough strength to get up and stumble my way to my friends’ abandoned apartment. She was out partying, and would not be home for 4 days. It was then I started planning. I knew that I would not be missed, or cared about, but I also knew I was a coward for taking my own life. I wanted only to be free. And in those last few moments, I was. I was free, free of all my pain and suffering, free of everything that was holding me to this life of pain and torture. I was gone then, and finally happy in my short life of 20 years. Happy since my father had died, then my mother leaving me with the devil known as my stepfather. I was free

dominicana said...
this is a great story and i like the topic you picked keep on writng

ahs0204 replied...
Thanks so much! its a great help when someone comments and gives positive feedback! thank you!

hope4you replied...

i love the detail, a good write :)

Good Job.