"True Love" | Teen Ink

"True Love"

February 16, 2010
By Tashaactress101 SILVER, Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Tashaactress101 SILVER, Wilbraham, Massachusetts
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live Life LOUD!!!


We had been seeing each other for three whole weeks now. He wrote me poems and even sent me a present in school just as a little token of his love for me. It was my freshman year of high school and I finally had the boyfriend of my dreams. He and I were really close we would tell each other everything and I was never afraid to tell him anything. We went just about everywhere together including the county fair one day. It was a beautiful sunny summers day. It was like a fairy tale. It was pretty dark by the time all of our tickets for the rides were gone so we decided to take a walk. We found a comfy place to sit in the woods and started making out. He told me he was in love with me. He told me he would never like anyone more than me. I was so happy “I love you to”, I said as I looked into his eyes. I knew that I was in love, true love. We got up and he walked me home. The next day he texted me he wanted to hangout. Of course I said yes we were in love. So I went to his house and he wanted me to come and chill with him in his room. So we were listening to music for a while. He was sitting next to me and looked right into my eyes and told me he loved me. So we made out for a while and he started to lean on to me. I knew that he wanted to go all the way. I stopped him and told him I was scared. He told me it would be okay he loved me he wouldn’t do anything to harm me, that I had no reason to be scared. So I let it happen. It was about nine o’ clock and I had to go home. I just left he didn’t even offer to walk me home. That night I felt so guilty for what I had done I texted him saying I love you, I love you. He didn’t respond at all. The next day I texted him again he finally responded. He said he wanted to break up with me he just didn’t love me anymore. I called him and yelled at him. I started crying and couldn’t stop. I had been crying a lot over the next few weeks. I didn’t feel very well. I got worried I thought I was pregnant then I thought no it couldn’t happen my first time. I went to the drug store shaky and bought a pregnancy test. I took it and waited three long minutes a positive symbol came up and I fell to the floor crying. I guess just saying the word love doesn’t make it true love.

The author's comments:
I really fell hard for this article while writing it because it really made me think about the meaning of the word love and the consequences are of not understanding it.