Buried | Teen Ink

Buried

By love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri
love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. -Mae West

The first thing I know is that it's dark. I am enclosed in a velvet coffin, with an IV in my arm and a breathing tube attached to my nose.
I am unaware of the fact that there is a video camera recording everything that I do. I try to move, but I don't make much distance. I can stretch my arms out, only to slam them into the edge of the coffin. My feet are cramping up.
I am tired and I want to stay in my own bed, yet I know how likely that is. Sure, that's as likely as the sky turning pink. I don't know what time it is- should I be waking up for school, or going to bed?
I think about my friends- I hope they know I'm gone, but I suppose the true test of friendship comes when I find out who really is worrying about me.
I scream and I bang on the coffin until my throat is numb and my hands are bleeding. "Please, let me out! Make it stop! Why are you doing this to me?!" My pleas are heard only by the trees and the woods.
Have you ever wondered what it is like to be trapped, to feel enclosed with nowhere to go? Have you ever had a nightmare about being buried alive?
It is nothing compared to what is actually is.

I wrote this for an English 3 assignment, although this is based off of the original. I'll try and get the original up here, and I hope this awakens your deepest fears, and helps you to face them. :)

YoMama said...
on Oct. 31 2011 at 2:26 pm
Cheese Grater !

doglover said...
on Oct. 31 2011 at 2:19 pm
this was very good and i would love to read the original!!!!!!!!

on Sep. 11 2010 at 4:03 pm
love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

Oh ok! I gotcha. Thanks for the suggestion!

on Sep. 11 2010 at 3:59 pm
AgnotTheOdd GOLD, Aptos, California

"The reason for your unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason that I have reason to complain of your reason" ~ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

well, it seems like there is a lot cluttered into a small area, no pun intended.  Everything just went by like, WHOOSH!  And left me kinda in the dust, dazed and baffled, trying to make sense of what happened.  I feel that if you expanded it, wrote more details, perhaps a little more explanation, things might be a little clearer

on Sep. 11 2010 at 3:53 pm
love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

Thank you so much! Unfortunately, I never got the original back.... :( Oh well. Can't have 2 of the same kind! Would've been nice though.

on Sep. 11 2010 at 3:52 pm
love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

Yes I certainly will! By expand upon it, what do you mean? Trust me, it's not based on a personal experience lol.

We-R-3 BRONZE said...
on Sep. 11 2010 at 3:43 pm
We-R-3 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

A picture is worth a thousand words, however it takes a real artist to turn words into pictures.

Have you heard about the new Lebron Iphone, you have to set it on vibrate because it doesn't have any rings

whoa, that was kind of creepy, oh my goodness, those few words were very breath taking, I cn't wait to read the original.

on Sep. 11 2010 at 3:18 pm
AgnotTheOdd GOLD, Aptos, California

Interesting, albeit hasty and whatnot.  A little creepy to boot.  I'd suggest expanding upon this.

Comment on any of mine?

on Feb. 26 2010 at 6:11 pm
love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

yeah there is! the killer has a medical background. :D

on Feb. 26 2010 at 6:02 pm
LittleRedWritingHood, Nfdslf, Hawaii
I thought it was pretty interesting. Sure it wasn't perfect, but still good. It was a bit confusing in a way, and I didn't understand why the character would have a tube in their nose when it would have to be connected to something in order to do anything. Is there like an oxygen tank in there or something? Well, anyway, good work!

on Feb. 23 2010 at 7:32 pm
love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

thank you i appreciate it :)

on Feb. 23 2010 at 6:43 pm
Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

This was rather confusing. I like the theme but think it could be improved. As Nikiblue said the setting was confusing, but I also found the IV and breathing tube and camera confusing. Maybe without downright saying what's going on you could explain it a little more. This piece definitely has potential though, it just needs some work.

on Feb. 17 2010 at 8:52 pm
love2love17 GOLD, Springfield, Missouri

yeah what I meant by that is the kidnapper has medical experience, I see the confusion but thank you! :)

on Feb. 17 2010 at 8:49 pm
Nikiblue PLATINUM, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

"Stupid Is As Stupid Does." -Forest Gump (;
"No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude."

Honestly, it kinda confused me. At first I thought it was talking about being in a hospital, but then you switched to being in a forest. I think if you made it so that it went with one type of setting it would have been less confusing. Keep writing, and I'll be sure to check up on your writing every now and then. (: