Hidden | Teen Ink

Hidden

February 7, 2010
By OHMYliliana BRONZE, Cortlandt Manor, New York
OHMYliliana BRONZE, Cortlandt Manor, New York
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Forever isn't a length of time, forever is the ability of patience."


The sirens echoed throughout the serene neighborhood as they approached the house. My legs ached as I begged my body to allow me to reach the front door. I could hear the footsteps on the wood floors and how my voice didn't seem to find its way out of my throat. My tears were my only salvation. The morning light cracked through the now broken windows. I could hear the sirens loudening and his footsteps as well. I couldn't get my feet to push me back up. I sat up against the wall and sighed as his shadows finally reached me. My tears drizzled down as I said my last prayers. His dirty, bloodshot eyes reached mine. He met his face to mine and his dirty, warm breath warmed my face up. His dirty face shined with his smirk baring unbelievable white teeth. I cried one last tear as his hand raised up to my neck. I took glances around the once happy home. I spoke my final word, "Why?" He laughed as the cold blade touched my burning neck. I heard the screeching of car tires reach the lawn, the slamming of doors. But, they were all too late. These were my final moments. I would leave this world, not quickly but slowly. I would never get to marry, to have children, to live past the age of seventeen. My last breaths felt like heaven to my throat. I smiled at my demise and cried to my life. This was goodbye. This was how I met my God. I began to fade away as the pain got to me. The blade began it's swift piercing into my skin as the door was ripped open. I still fade..

The author's comments:
This story is about a young girl who is torn away from the people she loves. Kidnapping story and I hope for some mix reactions, I need real opinions.