Moonlit Waters

Moonlit Waters

The surrounding pools of water rippled as the mosquitoes landed on them, the cool breeze brushed against my face every time I glanced at the moon. Life away did not exist in this place of dreams, this place of peace. I watched as the bugs danced around the camp fire, I sat as if in a trance watching the flames lick the skies. "Toby, why are you still awake?" a soft voice announced making me glance back. "Hey Kerri, I'm just thinking." I whispered trying not to wake Kerri's parents from there quiet slumber.

She smiled warmly as she sat beside me on the old moss covered log. Her gentle hand found mine as we watched the sun rise above the lake, it was the first time I had ever watched the sun rise. Slowly her arms went around my body hugging me as if she would never let go, her lips touched mine softly has if it were meant to be, It felt as if time had stopped and this moment would last forever, and I wanted it to.

I was taught the meaning of life, loving the one your meant to be with is the only reason for caring, trying, and living.

stargazer_lilly This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so sweet :) you set it up beautifully. you used the wrong form of "your" in the last paragraph, but i loved the last sentence.