Twister | Teen Ink

Twister

By tastetherainbow15 BRONZE, Fonda, New York
tastetherainbow15 BRONZE, Fonda, New York

It was just a normal day for Eddie and me. The smiles and giggling having the best time when we are together. But, there is something going on with Eddie I just know it. I haven’t questioned him yet. I thought he would have told me if something was wrong by now because we are best friends. I keep thinking to myself now, “Is it me, what’s happening, what’s wrong with him, should I ask, I don’t know what to do but, I have to find out.” The day continues and I’m still wondering. I finally settle down and go home. I put on my pajamas, brush my teeth and lie down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I fall asleep but, feel like I’m still awake I see Eddie and he’s with them! My jaw drops and I feel tears role down my face. Eddie hanging out with the trouble makers that do drugs and I see him take a puff. I never thought he would do this. I close my eyes, wipe the tears from my face, and start walking. All of the sudden I wake up shockingly to Eddie shaking me.
“Eddie! What’s going on?” as I take a breath.
“Come on, we got to go!” Eddie shouts.
“Where, where are we going?”as I jump out of bed.
“You’ll see when we get there, it’s a surprise” he says as he rushes me. Eddie goes down stairs and waits as I hurry to get ready as I wonder to myself “What’s going on?, where are we going?” I run down stairs. Eddie is waiting at the door for me.
“Whoa, Eddie slow down!” I shout.
“Come on hurry up, Eliza!” Eddie shouts back at me.
We’re in the car driving and it’s silent. We’re in the middle of nowhere and there is a parking lot and Eddie pulls over and parks the car.
“Come on, let’s go!” Eddie says.
He starts running in the woods like he knows where he is going and I follow behind him. We finally get to where he wants and it seems very familiar to me. I’ve been here before, I look around and I notice that it’s were Eddie and I met when we were little. Eddie sits on a rock, puts his head down and starts to cry. I stand there for a moment and then walk over and put my hand on his shoulder.
“Eddie, what’s going on with you, I had a dream last night before you woke me up and it was about you!”I say to him as he lifts his head and whispers.
“You know, don’t you?”
“Yeah, I do. It’s not good for you I thought you were better than that!” I say. I wipe the tears from his face and hug him and say.
“You can get through this I believe in you!”
Eddie looks up, his eyes are all red and watery and he says in a crackling voice.
“Thank you, Eliza you’re the most amazing friend in the world, I don’t know what I would do without you.”
“I have so many questions for you Eddie, why would you do this? When, I saw that in my dream I would have never thought it would be really but, I just felt something was wrong with you. You’re smart, have real good qualities and have something good going for you in life! I’m going to help you Eddie because you are my best friend and I love you and I don’t want anything bad to happen to you, ever!”