Silent Tears | Teen Ink

Silent Tears

By iAmy3 BRONZE, Falmouth, Kentucky
iAmy3 BRONZE, Falmouth, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

She blinked her eyes, forcing herself not to let the tears spill over. He couldn’t see her like this. She couldn’t let him see how weak she was.
If she did he would only hit harder.
“Now I’m going to ask you one more time, Jennifer.” That deep, but angelic voice whispered. “Where were you last night?”
She turned to him and took in his appearance. Black jeans with black boots and shirt. Same as usual. Her eyes moved upward, to his face. He had a strong chin and cute dimples that she couldn’t see from the frown that was on his face at the moment. His eyes, looking straight into hers, were a deep green with flecks of gold. She felt like she could get lost in them. His hair was a dark brown and curled at the ends.
She thought to herself, how could something so beautiful be so cruel? The man she used to love had become a monster, and he wasn’t going to change no matter how hard she tried. The only problem was, she didn’t have the strength to leave him anymore.
When she tried to look away from those eyes he grabbed her chin and demanded her to look at him. The salty water was threatening to leave her eyes. She could barely even see now, her vision was so clouded.
“Jennifer!” he yelled at her, causing her to jump. She tried to move back but there was a wall behind her.
When Jennifer didn’t answer he smacked her. It stung badly enough for her to know there was going to be a bruise. She tried jerking away from him. He let go, only to wrap his hands around her arms, squeezing.
“Okay,” She gave in. “I was with Aaron.”
“I’m going to kill him. How dare he try to steal you away from me? How could you do this to me? Do you like hurting me?” He yelled. She started shaking.
“No. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. He just wanted to hang out. I haven’t seen him in so long and-“
“I don’t care how long it has been,” he interrupted. “I better not ever catch you with him or some other guy again. Is that clear?” He waited for her to answer.
“Yes. I promise I won’t.” She whispered.
“Good.” He let go of her and rubbed her arms where he had left red marks. “I’m sorry. I wouldn’t have to do this if you wouldn’t give me a reason to. Now come on and I will take you home.”
He started walking to the car and she followed. She knew that she could run away right now if she wanted to, but she didn’t dare.

She just followed, and let her silent tears fall.