Little Girl With A Big Dream | Teen Ink

Little Girl With A Big Dream

January 29, 2010
By Anonymous

Little Girl with a Big Dream
Hello, my name is Cherry. That’s not my birth name but I like to be called Cherry. I have had a dream to be a professional model and meet Chocolate, the professional model since I was a little girl. I am fifteen years old now and I am trying to become a fashion designer. Anyway, let me tell a little about myself. I live in Montana. My real name is Margret, EWWW. I am called Cherry because one, I hate the name Margret and two, I have Cherry red hair that looks like red hot flames from a nice, warm campfire. It sounds weird but it’s the truth. I have a golden retriever and his name is Muffin. He loves to chew on everything in sight, but I love him anyway. I don’t like cats so when I was little and wanted a pet so my parents got me a dog. Well that’s all that’s needed to know about me.
************
It is Monday and I have to go to boring school. In homeroom, I heard that there is a fashion design contest. To win, some kind of clothing line has to be designed. If the designs win, a day is spent with Chocolate shopping in L.A.
“Of course, I’m going to enter,” I said to my best friend. She knows how much I want to be a fashion model and meet Chocolate. I can’t stop thinking about what my designs should look like.
*************
I get home and finish my homework so I can get started on my designs. I am doing research to see what type of styles people wear the most now a days. That way I can try to design something new that people will like. I think I will design two dresses, two shirts with matching skirts, and two pairs of pants to go with the shirts also. They are going to be kind of a mix of the 70’s and now.
I’ve been working on the designs for hours and I’m almost done when my mom calls me down for dinner.
“NO, I need to finish first!!” I hollered.
“Cherry GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE. YOU CAN FINISH AFTER YOU EAT!!” she hollered back.
***************
“OH NO, MY DESIGNS!!! Muffin, you chewed my designs. Those took me forever to make. Bad dog! MMMOOOMMM! Muffin chewed my designs and there due tomorrow if I’m going to win!!!”
“Just remake them, there’s nothing else you can do.” my mother nonchalantly convinced.
**************
Its 8:00 p.m. and I finally finished my ruined designs. Well I guess I will study for a little while and then go to bed.
**********
“Oh no! Its 7:00. I’m late for school. I have to get my designs in by 7:30. Mom, why didn’t you wake me up, I’m late for school!” I screamed from the top of my lungs.
“I’m sorry, I slept into and your father is at work. Hurry up and let’s go.”
**************
I finally got to school, now I just need to get my designs in. Yes, I made it. Tomorrow morning’s announcements will tell me if I won or not.
***********
Its about 7:30 p.m. and I haven’t stopped wondering if I won or not. I guess I’ll have to find out in the morning.
**********
“Yes I won! I have to leave for L.A. in two days.” I excitedly hollered.
***************Two Days Later
I made it here. I am in the studio right now and I think I see Chocolate. I’m going to ask her if my designs are good.
“They’re good, but I think they could be better. Do you want me to help you?”
“Sure.”
Yes, Chocolate’s going to help me. “Lets get together everyday at 12 p.m. We’ll work on them until the show,” said Chocolate.
************
I’m on my way to meet Chocolate. We have been working on the designs for a week now and I think they’re coming out great. Hey, there she is.
“Hey Cherry, my boss said that this is the last time I can skip a show to help you so we need to work hard today. Besides, the show is tomorrow night.”
“WHAT! But we are almost done and I thought we were going shopping tomorrow because I won that contest,” I complained.
“I know, but my boss is mad. I’ve missed three shows because I was helping you. No. You know what, I’m going to stay here with you tomorrow and help you if we don’t if we don’t finish today. Look at how far we’ve gotten. I’ll only miss one more show. He can’t fire me because I’m the best model he’s got,” Chocolate explained.
************
They are finished and ready for the show tonight. I just feel bad that Chocolate missed another show and her boss is mad at her because of me. Oh well, I need to start getting ready for the show seeing how I’m in it.
**********
I’m on my way back to Montana and I can’t stop talking about the fashion show. Everybody loved my clothing line. It was fantastic and guess what… Chocolate and I went shopping, but not in a store. The studio let me have any clothes I wanted from past shows. There is a dress with pink sparkles and the fabric is blue. Chocolate even let me have two pairs of shoes to go with my outfits at home. I can’t wait until I get back to Montana and tell all my friends about how Muffin chewed my designs the day before I had to hand them in. I’m also going to tell them what Chocolate and I have done in the past week. Peach will be so freaked out. Oh sorry, Peach is my best friend back in Montana. Well, I guess I lived my dream but even if I didn’t, this past week was as good as my original plan and I’m happy as can be.