the rapist | Teen Ink

the rapist

January 20, 2010
By Anonymous

I woke up from my mom yelling, "Yolanda". I got from my soft bed, as I walked down stairs my vision started to get clearer and focused. I finally found my mom in the kitchen drinking her hot coffee to wake up more. She started to talk to me and told me that I’m going to my grandma's house so my uncle Tom can baby-sit me. The last time I saw my uncle Tom, he was tall and skinny, plus he had dark brown hair with light brown eyes. My uncle Tom was so cool we always had a good time when i was there. I went in the refrigerator feeling the coldness, so I could grab the cold milk. I ran up the squeaky stairs to my room so I could pack. I got done packing and went to the car so I could be on my way to my grandma’s house.

I finally arrived at my grandma’s house, and I ran in the front door, closing it with a light slam. My grandma yelled, "Yolanda is that you?" I ran to her room, giving her a big hug. I asked her if Uncle Tom was home, but he was at work. I went to the room where I was staying at so I could unpack and put my things away. When I was done I called my best friend Cassandra to let her know that I was at my grandma’s house for the weekend. We talked on the phone for hours until I heard the screen door slam. I went out to the living room when my grandma said, "go back into your room sweety I'll call you out when its time for dinner!"

I went to my room and slammed the door. I sat on my squeaky bed, trying not to make noise as I lay down. Next thing i knew their was a sudden loud crash and then a slam. I was too scared to open the door and go see what had happened. I decided to forget what I heard and just go take a shower, so I could calm down. I turned the water on so it could get hot and steamy. Before I got in the shower I made sure to lock the door. I was finally done taking a shower after like an hour; I grabbed the towel and put it over my cold shivering body. I opened the Curtain and saw my uncle Tom standing in front of the door. I got out and gave him a big hug, because I haden’t seen him in a long time. I started to grab my clothes and when I turned around he was standing even closer. I hurried up and went to my room. When I was in my room I locked the door because i didnt want him to come in and watch me get dressed.

I started to think about it and I was asking myself questions. How long was he in the bathroom? Why was he in the bathroom with me? Why does he keep staring at me like I was one of his adult lady friends? I had a feeling that he was watching me for some reason and not in a good way either.

The next day i went outside to play with my best friend Cassandra. I started to tell her that my uncle Tom was watching me . She said that he's just doing his job as a baby-sitter. I didnt tell her that I was uncomfortable with him watching me like that. I finally went inside and saw my grandma about to leave. I asked her where she was going and she said with some friends. I told her i didnt want her to leave, but she left anyways.

8:00 came around and I was watching tv when my uncle Tom came in. He asked me what i wanted for dinner I told him pizza. After eating our pizza uncle tom sits next to me. I scoted over a little feeling the soft fur rub aginst my leg. He put his cold rough hand on my leg and said,"every thing is ok Yolonda." I got really scared and went back to my room. I locked the door and finally fell asleep after an hour. I woke up from a cold rough finger touching my side, it was my uncle Tom. I got really freaked out. He grabbed my throat and forced me down onto the bed. The bed squeaked loudly and I couldn't scream for I was in pain. I tried to get away but all i did was make the lamp fall and break. He finally stopped and left the room, as I got up to lock the door I started to cry because of the pain I was in and the thought of it even happening.

The next morning my mom picked me up to take me to school. I saw my best friend Cassandra waiting for me at the front gate. As I walked up to her she notices that something is wrong. We started to talk about it durning lunch. As I told her what my uncle Tom did to me I burst into tears. They started to run down my face as if it was raining just on me. I told her every thing that happened the other night leaving out no details. She told me that I have to tell my mom or somebody, but I'm scared out of my mind to tell her. I see my mom pulling up. I was scared, not knowing what she will say or think about me so, I asked her if Cassandra can get a ride home. We got in the car and Cassandra looked at me. I started to think and I decided to tell my mom what happened. When we were finally at home, I sat my mom down and told her everything that happened from day one. She started to cry as I do too. She gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear,"never again will it happen I'm never letting you go."

20 minutes later a knock on the door came, my heart dropped into my lower stomach. I opened the door and I saw two cops, they asked if they can come in. We were in the living room talking about what happened I told them everything, including all the details. When we were done they took me and my mom to the house I was so scared I didn't even want to leave the car. They went into the house, I heard noises and a loud crash. As I looked out the window I saw the man that took my child hood. The cops have him arrested and are holding him really tight. He starts to scream, "I didnt do it! Shes lieing! She wanted to do it!" My mom looked at him and her hand flew across his face leaving a red hand print. As he passed the car I'm in, he looks right at me. I looked at him then looked away. The cops took him away and put him in the car. A few minutes later hes out of my sight forever.


I never heard from him again but as I looked back to what had happened I saw the face of a criminal and a pervert. I wish that never happened. I've been scarred for life, its like a part of me was snatched away and will never be returned.


The author's comments:
its a real story that happened to me