Marine

Military college-went there for the past 4 years and now I’m free. It was crazy. I had to get up at 5 in the morning and run believe me it’s not fun at first I thought I was crazy going there but when I actually started getting used to it which was about year two and then it was kind of fun. It actually paid off because in 2 months I am going to fight for our country.
Well now I am a marine, military college that ended 2 years ago. I met some good friends and they were good friends. I grew up in Los Angeles so I had a lot of friends but they were always in trouble and I told them I was going to join the military and they laughed at me. I’ll show them I actually didn’t think I was going to be a marine, my great grandfather was a marine but he died in WWII my grandpa said he was a hero so now I try to live up to him. It is so hard you have to be in amazing shape and not be afraid of dying because marines go in first when I heard that I almost got scared and then I started thinking what great grandpa would do he has a purple heart that is for getting injured in a war. I hope I don’t get hurt, but I’ll try not to.
There is about one month before I go to Iraq. I am nervous but not so scared, it feels like I am doing the right thing I know I am I am doing good for my country like, J.F.K said “Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country.” That was a very inspiring quote. I am going, and I will come back safe.
One week until I go to Iraq I am so scared I don’t think I can go through with this. I don’t know what will happen I might get shot, I might get stabbed, I might get blown up, I might die. But let’s look at the positives I am going and I am doing well for my country.
I am going today I can’t do it no I can’t yes I can I know I can. Then I kissed my wife my parents and my new baby goodbye and was off. It was a good 3 hour drive and a bunch of times I stopped and was about to turn around but I am going to go and I will come back alive. Because I have people to live for and I want to see my baby girl grow up her my love will be my bullet-proof vest I will come back in 14 months unless we win while I am over there but I will see her grow up. I finally got to my base and I broke out in tears I started to turn around but something stopped me I’m getting on my plane to go to Iraq wish me luck.

0311BulletSpongeUSMC said...
Marine, This is amazing. Your compare and contrast as to the fear VS Strength and will of duty just caught me off foot. Semper Fi!