My Addiction | Teen Ink

My Addiction

By JasmineG7 SILVER, Waldorf, Maryland
JasmineG7 SILVER, Waldorf, Maryland

"To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you might just be the world."
"Don't worry about people not knowing you, strive so that you may be worth knowing."

I say I will control myself everyday but I never succeed. This is what goes through my head as I sped down the highway. I just failed my literature class. My boyfriend of two years finally decided he wanted to see other people. I lost my spot on the soccer team becase I missed too many practices. I just couldn't bear having to face those girls, so thin and elegant. I could not keep up with them. I would never look like them. Coach tried to help me, but I blew her off each time.
I pulled into the drive thru. I know I shouldn't order too much, but I do. I deserve it. I've had a crappy week."Two double cheeseburgers, two large fries, and a twenty piece chicken mcnugget." "Is that all?" the casheir replies. I think hard about this for the next three seconds. It's Friday Night. I treat myself to a fudge sunday.The total comes to $18.50. I always bring extra money for occasions like this. I pay for my food and drive away.
I'm on the highway again. I'm heading home. I decide that I might share some of the food with my roomate. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I won't touch this food until I get home.
A few minutes pass. The smell of deep fried, crispy, salty french fries fills my nose. I can't resist. I grab a fry. Within five minutes they are all gone. I reach for the second container. Another five minutes. Gone. I have salt all over my face.
I have finally made it home. My roomate is nowhere in sight. Too bad. I hurry up the stairs, bag of food in hand, go to my room, and lock the door. I am anxious to get to the rest of my meal.
After forty five minutes everything is gone. I need more. I check under my pillow. Nothing. I rummage around in my drawers. Jackpot. I have spotted five 99 cent bags of cheese puffs.I turn on the TV. My favorite show is having a marathon. I finish all five bags of cheese puffs. Within ten minutes I am sound asleep.
I wake up the next morning. My stomach feels as if it it bearing a bodyless child. I feel horrible. I have not yet learned my lesson. My routine begins again that night.

I have no problem with eating, I am one who has a mouthful of food every five seconds. But someting just inspired me to write this, I hope you enjoy it.