JUST ONE DAY | Teen Ink

JUST ONE DAY

January 10, 2010
By smileandbehappy SILVER, Franklin, North Carolina
smileandbehappy SILVER, Franklin, North Carolina
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
dont belive anything you hear and only half of what you see :)


One day in New York its was snowing in December. I met an old woman she had hair a white as the sky. That day she was sitting on a bench in the park all alone. I wondered where her family was and why she seemed so sad. So I went and sat beside her with a shy look on my face like I was not there. Then she turned to me and said “life is not kind to its subjects it is not kind at all” a moment passed and I said why … why is the life not kind. Then she said with a smirk on her face because we are not kind to each other we are only interested in our self-satisfaction. I turned away with a jerk sitting there suddenly I felt alone and I look back and she was gone. After awhile sitting there a young man came and asked me if I needed help and I replied no and he said madam it is too cold for someone as frail and as old as you to be out in such cold weather. So I replied I am not old I am but twenty or so and he left why did he say that I thought and then a little girl walked up with a shy look on her face and I relished it was me many years ago and I said to her “life is not kind to its subjects it is not kind at all”


The author's comments:
This is the story of a senile old lady rembering a day that she cannot fully rember.