JUST ONE DAY | Teen Ink

JUST ONE DAY

By smileandbehappy SILVER, Franklin, North Carolina
smileandbehappy SILVER, Franklin, North Carolina

dont belive anything you hear and only half of what you see :)

One day in New York its was snowing in December. I met an old woman she had hair a white as the sky. That day she was sitting on a bench in the park all alone. I wondered where her family was and why she seemed so sad. So I went and sat beside her with a shy look on my face like I was not there. Then she turned to me and said “life is not kind to its subjects it is not kind at all” a moment passed and I said why … why is the life not kind. Then she said with a smirk on her face because we are not kind to each other we are only interested in our self-satisfaction. I turned away with a jerk sitting there suddenly I felt alone and I look back and she was gone. After awhile sitting there a young man came and asked me if I needed help and I replied no and he said madam it is too cold for someone as frail and as old as you to be out in such cold weather. So I replied I am not old I am but twenty or so and he left why did he say that I thought and then a little girl walked up with a shy look on her face and I relished it was me many years ago and I said to her “life is not kind to its subjects it is not kind at all”

This is the story of a senile old lady rembering a day that she cannot fully rember.

on Jan. 20 2010 at 8:55 pm
Smilie_Kylie_:), Colorful, Oregon

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Eleanor Rosevelt

Mmmm....it kind of circles back to the beginning and confused me a bit. I think I got the message but I'm still not sure..