One for the money | Teen Ink

One for the money

January 6, 2010
By chelsburt BRONZE, Middletown, Ohio
chelsburt BRONZE, Middletown, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich is a wonderful realistic fiction book. This is a book that contains a lot of suspenseful situations but somehow always come out for the best. Janet’s book gives a phenomenal sensation thru her words. Her characters are lively and each have their very own personality. Each character has a special significance in her story and are relevant in making the story so intriguing.


Stephanie Plum is an average young woman who is still discovering who she is. When Stephanie lost her job she has to turn to her cousin Vinnie for help. So Vinnie offers Stephanie a job as a bail bondsman although he has no confidence in her, he still lets her try and gives her a few days which turn into weeks for her first bounty. Joe Morelli a childhood friend of Stephanie is her 1st bounty. Joe has been charged with 1st degree murder. Stephanie soon figures out that there is more to this job then she was expecting. The murder is just the start of some problems in town that are coming to the surface. The more Stephanie investigates the more she finds herself on many peoples hit list.


This book was an outstanding book. This book made me want to continue reading the rest of the series because of the cliff hanger left at the end of the book. The words Janet used in this novel made me zone out and see myself in the action of the book. This book is filled with romance between her and a special someone. There is a lot of suspense that Janet fills the book with by all the trouble Stephanie finds her self in. This book contains all the immunities necessary for an amazing book.