The Runaway Girl

By , harrisburg, PA
She runs through the woods feeling the wind against her face.
her hair whips in the wind behind her as her feet step on branches.
The smell of fresh air burns her nose as her body heats up with a rush of adrenaline. The thoughts run through her head as to why shes running. I cant stand the family im with,why was i given up? why cant i live with my birth family now that ive met them. I'm 18 years old and i have no reason to stay here anymore. I want to get the hell out of this small town and make something of myself. she stumbles over a few stumps and catchs her balance as she doesnt stop. she feels her feet and legs begin to ache but she pushes herself harder as she strives for the freedom she desires. she can see the break in the woods and the rush of traffic on the street. she feels her body whipping through the trees even faster. She's almost there and she trips and falls. She stops for a brief second checking herself on the ground feeling a cool trickle on her elbow. she looks and finds that theres a small stream of blood running down her arm. she wipes it off and gets back up. not wanting to waste time she continues to run again, almost there she can make out the cars running in traffic and soon enough. shes free.