Amazing | Teen Ink

Amazing

December 15, 2009
By Naila Littell SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
Naila Littell SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

When he smiled, my heart beat slow. I opened my mouth to speak-silence. It's hard to talk when he's taking my breath away. He grabbed my hand and I smiled for lack of anything to say. He beamed back at me, the wrinkle on his nose almost hiding those perfectly placed freckles. "Your Amazing" I whispered softly, so only he could hear, though we were utterly alone. His face turned thoughtful at once.
"Let me reply to this ridiculous statement in a poem." He said quietly, matching my tone. I giggled until I realized he was entirely serious.
"If every woman held the beauty that you do, still you would be the only one to catch my eye. And if every belle had that smile that you do, only yours would be enough to make the sun come out on a rainy day. If every single girl had those same dark eyes, inquisitive, and unforgiving, only yours would see into my soul.
"And if every female kissed my lips the way you do, you would still be the only one who had me on edge, and at a loss for words. You would be the only one who made every hair on the back of my neck stand up. So on the contraire my darling, you, are truly amazing..."