My Favorite Place | Teen Ink

My Favorite Place

"Mystic."

My teacher asked me to describe my favorite place in the world. The word has come to describe it in the past few days. My favorite place you ask? My backyard. Yeah I know most people would say the mall or the beach, but for me it's my backyard.

Since I was a little girl my backyard has been my playground. I went into space, or was a spy like James Bond. I was a dog, and a fox. I ran stores, I played house with my next door neighbors. My next door neighbors were my best friends. When I was little everything seemed so simply I didn't have to worry about the things I worry about now. I was one of the guys and so was my friend Britney, that was until we both developed into young women.

Jesse, B.C., and Digger those were the guys all of us had little siblings and now they are the younger generation of the Downey Kids. That was what alot of people called us the Downey Kids. We were always together. We were never indiviuals we were the Downey Kids. Of course each of us had our little quirks that set us apart.

Anyway back to what I was saying, my backyard is my favorite place. It where I met my first best friends, where I experienced my first kiss. It's the place I run to when nothing seems to be going right. It always takes me to a world where the things of my dreams exist the good and the bad. All the magical creatures of fairytales. Fairies, Gnomes, Elves, Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Centuars, and the list goes on and on.

When I want to get away, I disappear into my backyard, and I lay in the grass closing my eyes. The grass, the cool, soft grass that is always so welcoming to me welcomes me in again taking my to my own little world where I have no problems where I'm carefree and can be with the creatures I wish and hope exist.

Even now when I walk my dog, the air is just full of mystery like maybe just maybe I might catch one of the faires fluttering past me out of the corner of my eye.