gunned down

Whoosh! The bullet forms the 1774 musket whizzed by my head. The fast air brushed against my head now helmetless because of the previous days of the war. As I ducked behind the wall at the fort I looked around and saw my close friend John shot in the arm. I rushed over to help him but there was no way to save his arm the bullet had punctured deep into his arm. I didn’t know what to do,” I have to cut the bullet out” I shouted.

I quickly got out my Katana from my bag that I keep with me at all times. “You understand that what I’m about to do is going to hurt more than ever”. “I don’t care just get it out”! He shouted.

I had no other choice so I pushed the blade into the skin of my friend and cut around the bullet. As soon as I started I knew that there was no way that I was going to get the bullet out.

“It’s in too deep” I shouted over the firing of guns and loading of ammo. “You are just going to keep it in until u get proper medical attention”. “Ok fine help me up” john shouted. I grabbed my friends hand and lifted his body from the ground. Only a few seconds after we had regained balance I heard a small tick and I saw his helmet move. I watched his eyes roll back into his head as he fell to the ground I knew instantly what had happened, my friend had been killed. I tried to locate the shooter when I suddenly felt weary I looked down and say a seeping bullet wound in my chest. I feel to my knees and before I could breathe I was shot again directly in my frontal lobe I fell to the ground forgotten and alone.