Muddy Clothes | Teen Ink

Muddy Clothes

By Cloudy_Escape_17 BRONZE, Gallatin, Tennessee
Cloudy_Escape_17 BRONZE, Gallatin, Tennessee

They heard a terrifying scream as they looked up from their bath.
“You’re filthy!” His mother screeched. They gave each other looks as they realized they were in trouble.
“Why are you playing in the mud?” Her mother asked, now running up to where they sat. “In your good clothes?”
“It’s fun,” He calmly replied. She nodded her head in agreement and both mothers sighed. His mother went inside and came back out with two towels. They were each wrapped in a towel and brought inside and placed in a tub.

After much griping and

complaining, mostly from the mothers, they were both squeaky clean and had fresh clothes on. The mothers collapsed into chairs as the two children ran off.
“Where did the kids go?”
Both mothers looked frantically at each other as they bolted upright and ran for the door. They got outside and there, in the mud puddle, sat the boy and the girl, smiling at their mothers.
“Thanks mommy,” The boy started, “These fresh clothes are much more comfy!” And the girl nodded her head in agreement.

This is one of many short stories about two nameless characters (the boy and the girl) and random little tales of different times in their lifes. They're about 3 or 4 here.

Eding said...
Haha,just like my little son!Amazing!