Night fall | Teen Ink

Night fall

By Hannah52896 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
Hannah52896 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

"You are never too young or too old to find your true talent."

Avery

It is dark and some how light at the same time. Considering we are at the bottom of the lake. Our car swerved off into the lake trying to save a deer in our place. My friends are unconscious and so will I be in a few minutes if I don’t get out of here. I looked around frantically to find something just so that I could bust the window to swim out. Just something. Then I saw it, the Soda can Lizzy was drinking out of. I grabbed it and slammed it against the window. I then noticed the redness of the water. I looked down at the gushing blood that was coming from my hand. It was red as a rose. Filling the car with the scarlet color. Surrounding my friends and myself. It is over. I’m loosing blood and in a minute maybe even less I will go down and end up dying. I thought of my family and my friends families. How will they cope? This all too much why does it have to happen to me? It is always me! I have always had the worst of luck. Always! And this really doesn’t surprise me either. What more do I have to loose? Oh yah! That’s right I cant loose anything more if I’m dead now can I? Too bad. Maybe I should just close my eyes? Just sleep. It will be over soon. I took one last glance at my friends. Their eyes are closed. Pale. And lifeless. I will soon be like that. But who knew it would be from drowning. I closed my eyes and left. Left my body. Left it there with my friends. Left it to sleep and never to wake up.

Kalep

You know when you wake up one day and have a feeling that something is going to happen? Something very unexpected. And you don’t know what? Well today was definatly that feeling. I woke up and just felt the urge. Urge that you really don’t know how to explain. I don’t know what or when this one special thing will happen. But it is going to be big and life changing.
I got a pair of old denim jeans on that had 2 holes in them. Near the knee. Mom hated these pants. She doesn’t get why people get jeans with holes in them. Why not buy them without holes and make the holes yourself by actualy doing some work? Like cut the bushes or mow the grass? But that is when she started getting into the “ do some actual work” conversation. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen. Mom was there making breakfast just like always. I took one of the pancakes out of the skillet and put a light amount of syrup on it just like always. I looked at the time and it read 6:12 AM. I quickly ate the last little triangle piece that was left and popped into my mouth. I swallowed it quickly and went and got my bag. I started to head to the door.

“ Bye mom! Thanks for breakfast.” I yelled over my shoulder as I headed out the door.

“ Your welcome. Don’t forget to turn your phone on. You know I hate it when you walk the short cut way.”

“ Sure thing.”
I headed down the road and made a immediate right down toward the lake. It was a short cut. Easy way to get to school. Mom gets so worried she is scared someone will snatch me up and take me. Which just then reminded me to turn my phone on. I got my phone out of my bag and turned it on and slipped into my pocket. I walked on the gravel path. Only a few minutes down to get to the lake. That is when I heard the little buzzing of my phone vibrating in my pocket. I stopped and reached in my pocket to get it out. It was a text message from Allie. It read.

“ Where r you? Im by the lake waitn. U r l8!”
I shook my head and chuckled under my breath.

“Im almos thr Al wait.”
I flipped my phone back down and started walking. It was only a couple more minutes that I will get to the brush that I will have to go through to get to the lake. I walked faster so I wouldn’t have Allie waiting any longer. I got to the brush and went under it. OW! I cut my finger on a thorn. Mmmm. That hurt. O wel. I got past it and then I saw Allie. She waved me down to her. I walked down and she hugged me immediately.
“ I missed you.” She said.
“ As did I.”
“ So how was your summer? Mr. I don’t answer any of my texts!” Same old Allie.
“ You know I was visiting my dad.”

“ I know that but you could’ve just answered one. I mean I was lonely.” She put on a cute little puppy dog face. I looked at Allie. She looked the same. Her thin, short cut auburn hair that framed her heart shaped head, her dark blue eyes that can put any boy in a trance. Her slender, pale body. But something seemed different about her. I smiled at her. She smiled back and looked up at the sky. She always looked up at the sky. She was always the nature girl. She loved the outdoors. It was like her home. Her life. I analyzed her there is definatly something different about Allie that I just couldn’t put my finger on.
“Allie. There is something different about you. But I just cant put my finger on it.” She smiled and lifted one eyebrow.
“ Oh really now?” She giggled.
“ But-” I stopped at mid sentence and looked at the lake. There was a screech. And then I saw it. A car swerved down into the lake. I hear screaming. Allie and I just stood there in shock for a moment. Our mouths wide open. I stood there. Shocked and couldn’t believe what I just saw.
“Allie call 9-1-1! Now!”

“On it.” she said already starting to dial the number. I just stood there. Seeing bubbles. “ OK! Thank you!” She pressed the end button. “They are on their way.”
“Allie! They are miles away.”
“I know.” she said silently.
“ I’m going in.” I said steadily.
“ No! Kalep you cant!” she said. Having hands on my chest pushing me away from the lake. As well as blocking my way.
“Why?” I said harshly.
“We cant risk getting you injured, or stuck. Or worst Kalep! Death!” she screamed at me.
“But they can die.”
“I’m sorry but I cant loose my best friend!”
“If I don’t, then think of theirs! Think of their family! Their friends!”
“ What about yours Kalep! What about your mother? didn’t she already loose one loved one? Yes Kalep! I mean your father! Yes! She would be heart broken and you know that!” she said. I thought about it for a minute. I sat down. Ashamed at myself by her defeat. I sat and hoped. Hoped that the ambulance will come quick. Before these people die!
I paced around while Allie sat there looking at me. Back and forth. Back and forth. Oh what am I doing? Those people are dieing! I’m going in.
I slipped my shirt off. Allie looked up at me like I am crazy. I guess you could say I am. But I’m not crazy enough to just watch those people die down there. And for me to just stand around hopeless while they do it. No! these people will have a chance! Allie jumped up as I started to walk toward the lake.
“And where do you think you are going?” she demanded. I didn’t turn around, I just stood there. My muscles flexing and my back all tense.
“I’m not just going to sit around here and watch these people die Allie.” That is all I said and ran toward the lake as fast as I can so that she couldn’t stop me.

I dived in and all I heard was, “You stupid, crazy, stubborn boy! Come back!”
I was searching. Searching for the car. It is down here. I have to hurry. These people could be dead but that wont stop me. I looked around frantically. Hoping I will find the car in time. That is when I saw a blob of a red blur. I swam further down in that direction.
Then I saw the car. A blue car that just was sitting there by itself on the lakes floor. I swam faster. I got to it and saw 3 girls in the car. One girl with sweet honey blonde hair. One that had dark brown and long at that. And another with the most beautiful color hair I have ever seen, a bronze color that had multiple of blonde highlights. You could tell they weren’t fake. They were natural. I tugged on the handle of the door. It wouldn’t budge. That is when I looked inside once more. I squeezed my eyes shut and drew my fist back and punched the window as hard as I could. Then it cracked. I saw my knuckles were bleeding. I didn’t care. I drew it back once more and punched even harder the the first time. I made a hole. I started ripping the glass from the window. It was finaly a big enough whole to get the girls out.
I grabbed the slender girls all in my hands and swam up. Having barely any air left in my system. I got to the surface breathing in 2 deep breaths. I made sure the girls heads are above the surface. They aren’t breathing. I see the flashing lights of the ambulance. They came. Finally. But these girls didn’t have anymore time left. They will be lucky to have lived through the time that I got them in. Allie waved at me and screamed some junk that I didn’t even care about. I got these girls out and that is all that mattered. I swam into the shore. And fell on my back on the sand. Gasping for air. My knuckles bleeding. It is painful. They all ran toward the silent lifeless girls that were laying beside me.

This came to me. And I just had to write about it.

on Jan. 8 2010 at 8:54 pm

I hope you guys liked it. There is more coming soon.