The Reapers, the actress, the dame | Teen Ink

The Reapers, the actress, the dame

By Loveandboxing PLATINUM, Levvitwon, Pennsylvania
Loveandboxing PLATINUM, Levvitwon, Pennsylvania

Eat, Sleep, Sing (by me)
Writing is an art few people master it. -me

I walked alone on 2nd street. Like I always did on Mondays after I got done work. He had to get done his homework. I looked down the road, I knew in about ten minutes he’ll be in the one room apartment where his older brother and younger sister will be there, my younger sister, Tammy, was one of two reasons I didn’t leave. The other was my gang. Well, my older brother’s gang. The Reapers. Our only enemy The Lions. Our gang was made up of me the Smart (I came up with most of the plans) David (my brother is the leader) Danny the killer, Jacob the sexy (as the girls call him) Will the scrapper, Mike the everything except leader. Surprisingly we are the biggest gang in New York!
I picked up pace when I remembered it was Tammy's play tryouts today. Tammy wanted to be a famous actress! “I wanna get outta this place, Nicky.” She had said to me one night. “Get out and never come back.” She had said with tears in her small eyes.
“Tammy!” I yelled when I opened the door.
She was sitting on our cheap couch. “Hi Nicky,” she sighed.
“What happened?” I asked.
“I. . .” her voice trailed off.
He looked down at his little sister, she had the most clothes out of all of them, before our mother and father died in that plane crash, our mother taught Tammy how to use a sewing machine, so Tammy asked her rich friends for clothes and she sewed them into new ones. Right now she was wearing her brand new creation a white long waist pinafore dresses.

“GOT THE LEAD!!!!” she yelled jumping up and down.
“That’s great!” I said beaming. I lifted her up and hugged her.
“Where’s David?” I asked.
“He’s at a brawl with The Lions.” She said shaking her head disgusted. She hated that we were in a gang. But hey what are we gonna do?
“He wanted you to come,” she said. “But they couldn’t wait, it’s on 5th street.”
“Will you be okay here?” he asked.
“Yeah,” she said.
“Ok well just incase.” He walked over to the locked draw under the sink. He unlocked it with his key and pulled out a switch blade. “Keep this on you,” he said to Anna.
Her green eyes widen. “A blade?” she asked scared. “No,” she pushed it away.
“Please, I’ll be back in 20.” He said grabbing his blade and a baseball bat.
“Lock the door,” he said.
“Be safe!” she yelled.
No promises.

***** 5th street was abandoned, no one, spots of blood but nothing big. Then I heard a scream, a woman. I ran to the scream. A red headed Lion had a blade up to Jacob’s girlfriends, Donna, throat. “Where did they go?” he asked growling. “I don’t know I came down her to help him with his homework and I. . .”

“Shut up! So you ain’t gonna spill? Fine your blood will!” I knew that voice it belonged to James Rudd.

I began to run toward him. I jumped on his back. I had startled him so much he dropped his blade! “Kill your own?” I asked curtly as I got my blade to his throat. “Not very nice James.” I said with a small laugh. “Now why don’t you apologize to this pretty dame?”

“Never!”

I pushed the blade closer to this throat. “Sorry!” He screamed at Donna.

“Run,” I said to Donna. She did.

I got off him. Picked up his switchblade and threw it. I turned to leave.

“Hey shouldn’t you go back to Tammy?”

“What did you say?”

“Tammy, your little sister, the one who was suppose to lock the door? She didn’t by the way.”

I turned to him his smirk let me know he wasn’t kidding. I walked up to him and punched him so hard in the mouth he fell backward. Then as he laid there I stabbed him in the arm. “If shes dead so will you, got it.” I said digging the knife in then pulling it out.

***** “Tammy!” I screamed running in. Jacob, Danny, David, Will and Mike stood turned around, looking down. “Move!” I screamed. Tammy laid there. Blood matted in her golden hair, green eyes weeping tears, pale skin bruised, her white dress splattered red, and in her had . . . the switchblade. . .

***** Tammy grew up to be a famous actress, Danny married Tammy’s best friend, David went into the army, Jacob married Donna and is now a male model, Will turned gay, Mike is still dating, and me? Well I’m lying on my nice new couch with my wife whose asleep in the other room, and my kids in their rooms, so yeah a happy ending after all.

this is in the 1960s

Eat, Sleep, Sing (by me)

it was  kinda based off the outsiders, i LOVE that book :D and shanks!

Alvar-Knight SILVER, Harlingen, Texas

what is said flies,
what is written never dies.

i love it (it did sound like got the insperation from The Outsiders) at the end i thought that tammy died but she didn't. its wiked cool. -.- 

Eat, Sleep, Sing (by me)

tammie, david and the narroter, are related the rest are just friends. and honestly i didnt give them a nationtally. thats 4 u 2 decide. :) thxs.

SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
This is good. Part of me wonders... are they Italian? I love big families, they are all related, right?

Eat, Sleep, Sing (by me)

thxs! u should read the book The Outsiders i got my inspiation from there.

xLoVeLyCuTiEe428x PLATINUM, Nanuet, New York

"To me, Fearless is not the absense of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death."
— Taylor Swift

I really like this article.

You sorta feel like you're actually there with the characters, which is cool.

Facelton SILVER, Canton, Missouri

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light. -Unknown.

wow. that's deep.