Thanksgiving Horror

Waking up to the smell of turkey already in the oven, Is the best thing in the world. Dad’s already gone off on a hunt, before he left he put the turkey in the oven at 5 am. I run up stairs and yell to mom; “Happy Thanksgiving Mum!” she replies “You too Peanut!” As we both approach the kitchen to start cooking everything else, the family already starts arriving. My mom and I asked everyone and told them that if they bring the things we asked them to, that would be fantastic. A couple minutes later; Nannie walks in with tons of food, We think what she brought was Champaign, celery, crackers and cheese, potatoes, corn & vitamin waters. Next comes in Aunt Michelle, Violet & Dorian, they brought Sushi, now I was thinking to myself who in the world except chinese or Japanese people would eat sushi on thanksgiving? My moms two brothers walked in next, Seth and Jeff, Seth didn’t bring anything cause he doesn’t have that much money cause he is only in College. Jeff brought pickles and gravy mixing stuff, they also brought a game that we can play after dinner. We always play a family game after dinner! My poppy wasn’t here yet because he was on a business trip, but he was on his way home and probably on an air plane by now. This year I had my friend Antonia come to our thanksgiving because well, I just wanted a friend there and ours moms said yes. I had to help clean the day before Thanksgiving, vacuum and dust everything. My mom is kinda a neat freak when it comes to holidays and cleaning. Don’t tell her I said that please. After we got the turkey in the oven everything started to go wrong. My poppy’s flight got canceled and my Nannie forgot drinks, well we have champaign but none of us kids can drink it. Mom burns the rolls, and she over cooks the gravy; and it tasted so bad that she had to throw that away. Right when Aunt Michelle said nothing else can go wrong. It did. Grandma Donna was at home sick, with the flu. Trevor was out hunting, and we didn’t have any way to get a hold on him. The next bad thing was that everyone wanted to go out side for some fresh air, and the first person back in was Me, I had to go to the bathroom and noticed that the dog was up on the counter eating the turkey. Antonia tried to scare him to get him down. But he just growled at her. This was the worst thanksgiving ever.....

DEMON said...
"Thanksgiving Horror" is a cute, superficial and light piece of writing. I find it comical, and it reflects that mad hysteria we all dread. It was familiar, and easily related to. Would you sing your song about...
"RAZED EXPECTATIONS"
Wisps of smoke danced into the wintry air from my lips, creating ornate designs that could never be replicated. I carefully tilted the corners of my lips into a smile that I meant to be wry. Of course, it's difficult to articu... (more »)

DEMON said...
"RAZED EXPECTATIONS" continues...
Her lovely green eyes shifted into hard emeralds.
“What do you know about me, Dare? And what’s so wrong with having dreams? And why are you talking to me like that? I was simply commenting on the sunset.” She tossed her red curls, clearly miffed.
I lifted my chin, and blew smoke in her face. It was easier on me when she was angry. I don’t know why she bothered with me. Why she was brave enough to confront ... (more »)