Guilt

I hear his voice in the wind, almost as if he is calling my name. I start to walk a little bit faster, I just want to get home.

I look around me. All I see is darkness, but as I stare off into the distance, I think I see him. I start to run towards the figure; As I reach what I think is him, there's nothing.

I start to smell rain, and soon enough it starts to pour. But I'm frozen, like ice to the spot where I thought he was. By now I'm soaking wet. A tear forms behind my eyes. It burns like fire as the tears run down my cheeks and onto the ground.

It's almost like he's got me in his grip, and I just cant seem to escape it. I tell myself to stay strong, but how can I? when I feel so weak, as almost if I would collapse onto the wet ground, and dissolve?

"Why did I let him slip away from me" I asked myself out loud. I feel numbed by his presence, I sense he's there. I turn around, and nothing, no one. He's become nothing but my guilt, He'll never be anything else.

Living, Breathing, Guilt

DEMON said...
Descriptive, and quite the words of sadness; you articulate your feelings well. "Guilt" is a picture of clouded skies, and I find that grief seems to be a rather common idea upon Teen Ink writers. Thank you for writing that piece; good luck. Voice your opinion about...
"RAZED EXPECTATIONS"
Wisps of smoke danced into the wintry air from my lips, creating ornate designs that could never be replicated. I carefully tilted the corners of my lips into a smile that I m... (more »)

DEMON said...
"RAZED EXPECTATIONS" continues...
Her lovely green eyes shifted into hard emeralds.
“What do you know about me, Dare? And what’s so wrong with having dreams? And why are you talking to me like that? I was simply commenting on the sunset.” She tossed her red curls, clearly miffed.
I lifted my chin, and blew smoke in her face. It was easier on me when she was angry. I don’t know why she bothered with me. Why she was brave enough to confront ... (more »)