Solitary Heaven

My heart has grown fond of this place. I never want to leave. The warm and familiar glow fills my entire soul. When i'm here, I feel safe. I have been to other places, but my mind always finds its way back here. It brings vague memories of belonging. Like to another time, another world. A world all to my own. I remember it only when I am in this place, and it is something I should not like to forget. I cannot see or hear anything when i remember, I only feel. But I do not complain. The feeling overwhelms me. I am overcome by this wave of familiarity and peace. I could spend my life alone in this sweet surrender. And oh how I wish that I could.

littlewriter97 said...
I love this piece, but is she in heaven and y cant she stay there???? Beutiful and inspiring!!!!

Skittlez replied...
its not directly describing heaven in itself, but maybe something, or someplace that makes her feel as though she were in heaven. it leaves the reader to determine what in their mind she is referring to. thanks for the feed back! :)

DEMON said...
Beautiful; "Solitary Heaven" is poetic, like song lyrics, and a wonderous portrait of dark emotion. It was intense, and yet it lingered with sadness. Beautiful is simply the word that comes to mind. Voice what you think...
"RAZED EXPECTATIONS"
Wisps of smoke danced into the wintry air from my lips, creating ornate designs that could never be replicated. I carefully tilted the corners of my lips into a smile that I meant to be wry. Of course, it's difficult ... (more »)

DEMON said...
"RAZED EXPECTATIONS" continues...
Her lovely green eyes shifted into hard emeralds.
“What do you know about me, Dare? And what’s so wrong with having dreams? And why are you talking to me like that? I was simply commenting on the sunset.” She tossed her red curls, clearly miffed.
I lifted my chin, and blew smoke in her face. It was easier on me when she was angry. I don’t know why she bothered with me. Why she was brave enough to confront ... (more »)

Skittlez replied...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 5:03 am
wow. thats all i can say is wow. its beautiful! i was drawn into the story, seeing it from his perspective. like feeling his emotions and conflict inside. the end was well written, and actually had me a little upset lol this is really good. keep up the amazing work!