The Hartland Heroes | Teen Ink

The Hartland Heroes

November 24, 2009
By lauratpfr SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
lauratpfr SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Our police force may have given up on our city of Hartland, but one group of people hasn’t. A clandestine group of kids called the Hartland Heroes want do something about the increasing crime. I spoke to one of the members who chose to keep his name unknown. He said, “I want to make a difference in this city. The ethics in this world are gone and it’s every man for himself now.” He also plans to stop the gangs from running rampant. As many know, three of the gangs are tying to take over the Piggly Wiggly and are stealing thousands of dollars in groceries, so now people can no longer shop and get groceries at reasonable prices anymore. A local woman angrily stated, “This was supposed to be a nice place to raise to my children. I can no longer go the grocery store to pick up a carton of juice. I have to drive all the way to Pewaukee now.” The owner of Piggly Wiggly is under duress and is threatening to close the store. He is counting on the Hartland Heroes to catch and scare away the culprits. Other gangs are committing inane crimes like putting goldfish in the Arrowhead High School pool. One of the members who were caught for it stated, “It was just meant to be funny.” These crimes are not funny, and should be stopped. Please do all you can to help stop this crime.