My New Mother | Teen Ink

My New Mother

By MESLSEINGZER BRONZE, Kenton, Ohio
MESLSEINGZER BRONZE, Kenton, Ohio

When daddy brought Cindy home to meet me for the first time, I knew I didn’t like her. She was so fake with her perfectly tanned skin and her crisp curls framing her face. The look in her eyes just screamed, “I’m here to take over the house. Your not the only one in your father’s life now. Of course for the past seven months Cindy’s been around she’d tried to butter me up by wanting to take me shopping or make me lunch, but I could see right through her. She wanted me out of the picture. It was out of the question to talk to my dad about the problem, (he was obviously hypnotized by the woman.) So I had to take matters into my own hands. Normally whenever Cindy showed up at our house I left to go hangout with my friends. My dad never thought too much of it because he figured that’s what all sixteen year old girls do. One day daddy wouldn’t let me leave. He said he and Cindy needed to talk to me. That’s when he told me they were getting married. He announced it so happily like I should be all super dupper giddy about the thought. Instead, I grabbed her purse and threw it out the door. I proceeded to tell Cindy what I thought of her with not the nicest choice of words. Of course my dad decided to back her up and grounded me. And just then for a split second when my dad turned his back to walk away, that witch gave me a nasty smirk as if to say, “Haha I won.” I could not believe what had just happened. I sat at the table trying to keep my cool when Cindy walked in. She sat down beside me and whispered,

“I know you don’t like me, and I don’t really like you either, but you’re just going to have to deal with it because I’m going to be your new mommy.”

That was it. The next thing I knew I had thrown my chair against the cupboards.

“You will never be my mother!” I screamed. That’s when my dad rushed in and saw Cindy all teary eyed, which was obviously good acting, and sent me to my room.

Sitting in my room I knew I knew I had to find a way to get her out of here. A few minutes after the incident, my dad knocked on my door. He sat on the edge of my bed and started crying.

“Cindy makes me happy and I don’t feel lonely anymore. Isn’t that what you want for me? Your mother’s death was five years ago and I’ll always love her but she would want me to be happy.”

I looked down at my feet too ashamed to look at my weeping father. That’s when I decided that his happiness was more important to me than my selfishness. He told me that Cindy was making supper and it would be ready in a few minutes if I wanted to join them. I agreed and followed him to the kitchen. I hate to say it but when we walked into the kitchen everything smelled and looked delicious. She had made turkey and noodles, cheesey potatoes, and corn on the cob. After the dinner and surprisingly great conversation, Cindy pulled out of the oven my favorite desert! A huge warm brownie which she put on top of ice cream and smothered it in hot fudge. Cindy and my dad didn’t like brownies so they just ate ice cream. While eating the desert I felt terribly guilty for hating Cindy. The fact that she said she didn’t like me still upset me, but I pushed it to the back of my mind.

After desert Cindy announced that she was going to the store and asked if I would like to join her. For the first time I agreed. So out the door we went. In the car I felt I felt myself getting extremely tired and in an instant everything went black.

When I opened my eyes I noticed that it was getting dark. I was not in the car anymore. In fact I was lying on the ground. My hands were tied together. Frantically, I looked around. Everything looked familiar. I was in a large open area with a farmhouse nearby. I realized where I was. My dad and I went there all of the time to get away and look at the stars. It was only about a mile away from our house. I grew nervous and yelled for Cindy. She was pulling the wood up from the porch on the farmhouse.

“There’s something I need to tell you.” She said softly, “You are going to make me and your father’s lives too complicating. I can’t have that.”

I tried to process what was going on over my massive headache. Had she drugged me? Was she going to kill me?

“I tried to stop you. But after you slapped me I felt there was nothing else I could do. That’s when you ran away. I tried to follow you but I couldn’t find you anywhere.” Cindy lied.

“My father will never believe you.” I stammered as she picked my limp body up and placed it under the porch. She fidgeted in her pocket and pulled out a shiny gun. She aimed it at me. I closed my eyes, heard the gun fire and everything went black.

I woke up a few hours later in a hospital with my dad standing by me. He explained to me how we had taken so long that he figured we were having bonding time. So he went to look at the stars at our usual spot and saw Cindy’s car. That’s when he saw her pointing the gun. He told me he yelled her name and it startled her when she looked up and fired the gun. Without another thought, he pulled out his pocket gun and shot her. She shot me once in the arm, but I recovered. It’s a rule now that my dad asks my opinion on the women he dates.

This is supposed to be a jumble story that I wrote for a creative writing class assignment.