Simple As That | Teen Ink

Simple As That

By AuraAbyss BRONZE, Lapeer, Michigan
AuraAbyss BRONZE, Lapeer, Michigan

If you think that something small cannot make a difference, try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.
Anonymous

In the morning she slaps the snooze button on her alarm clock and goes back to sleep because gaud oh gaud- 4:30 in the morning is too early to get herself around and think about school and then she must have dozed off pretty hard because she missed her second alarm and now she is late so she is rushing around as fast as she can to get ready and then she pauses for a moment to experience a veryveryteenytiny mental breakdown as she realizes her iPod is dead and it is way too late to charge it so she throws it on the bed and storms out the door only to realize that she has to run because the bus is coming and if she missed it she would have to walk and then she is climbing on after the other kids and as she is settling into a cold seat labeled above her as four she notices an evident lack of music and thinks to herself that the bus driver must hate her because any other day the she had to battle with her iPod headphones just so she could hear her music over the radio station and then it dawns on her that with the bus this silent there was absolutely no way she would get out of talking to the loudest, most obnoxious, chatter-box girl she had ever met well sometimes the girl was okay but defiantly not at six in the morning and then the girl got on and gaud oh gaud it was as bad as she thought it would be because no one should have to listen to this cheery, joyful voice at six in the morning but of course she needs to be polite and not ruin friendships and she realizes this but it’s so hard to keep from yelling “SHUT UP!” and then gaud thank gaud it was over and she was rushing off the bus, always have to be first, in what she thought was a rather dignified way but in her mind she knew that everyone else probably saw it as the complete opposite but then she was walking into the school towards her locker and it didn’t matter anymore, the ghastliness of her morning just slid off of her like dark, icky sludge because leaning against her locker was her best friend who always came in five minutes late so they never got to talk but today thank gaud her best friend today was here to brighten her day and let her know the universe is not against her because she just knows her so well and would always show up whenever it got too bad because that’s just the way she was and it was as simple as that.

This piece was my favorite assignment in my creative writing class so i'm posting it on here :) When i was writing this piece i was really thinking about how my friends make it sooooo easy for me to be happy and i just wanted that to come out in my story.

on Dec. 13 2009 at 6:23 pm
GroundedButterfly29 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
The world's longest, most interesting, enjoyable sentence.