The Letter part 1 | Teen Ink

The Letter part 1

Dear Liadan,

Today we had to write a letter to our favorite person in the whole world so that’s why you have this letter because you are my favorite person in the whole world but don’t tell my big brother when you meet him because he mite get jealous of you. I know this letter is short but I can’t think of any thing more to say. So to make it up to you, I will have lots more to tell you tomorrow.

I love you,

Annie
But tomorrow will never come. I thought sadly. It’s been a month since Annie died and it still hurts to read this letter. I remember when I got this letter. That day seems like today, rainy and cold. It was after school I went to see Annie. Annie was six years old and vary sick. She was diagnosed with incurable dieses but there was still hope that she would live to be eighteen. When I got to her room that afternoon and her bed was empty. I went to the nurse’s desk.

“Excuse me but were the patient in 409” I asked. The nurse at the desk was short and skinny but her looks were normal. She looked up at me with sadness in her eyes and a sympathy look. “You’re the girl that comes here every day” she said “I’m sorry to say but the little girl in 409 is not here any more. She passed a way in her sleep. She was holding this letter. Your names Liaden right, this is for you.”

She handed me a letter on the front it had my name. I opened it up and read it over and over. I don’t know how long I stood there with tears rolling down my checks but when I looked at my phone there was a message to come home. So I went to the parking lot and got in to my Ford F 350. I don’t remember the ride home but when got there I went striate to my room and cried.

still more to come with this story but i would like to Know what you think

lizzg said...
on Dec. 19 2009 at 7:47 am
lizzg, Ghjjkl, Alabama

"huh, what did u say"lol

thanks! i will!

on Dec. 12 2009 at 12:01 pm
I liked the story! It is sad and sweet and I can see where u were going with it. Flesh it out a bit more and be sure to use spell check. Always read it back to yourself to check the flow. It's a great idea you have there. I want to know more about the characters! :)