Nobody Here | Teen Ink

Nobody Here

November 3, 2009
By iDaReToDrEaM13 SILVER, Sharon Springs, New York
iDaReToDrEaM13 SILVER, Sharon Springs, New York
7 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
Confucius


My eyes grew soar and my throat ached, yet I still wept. I looked around, holding myself tight, and my gaze, again, fell upon him. Lying there, forever silent, his life was ended. Why did this happen? Why, had I been left alive? Or was this torture? Was I meant to stay here... with my dead love... till I die? Is this what the cruel man who took us meant for me? I pushed the thoughts out of my head and started towards his body. I picked up the blanket and tucked it under my arm. I stroked his silky black hair, then laid the blanket over him, to hush the words his still mouth still spoke. Walking back to the door, I tried again to open it. With much surprise... it creaked open.

The decaying wood had split, leaving me an escape way. I turned back towards my love, and blew him a final kiss. I turned back towards the stairs, and fled with my life into the night.

To Be Continued...