Classic. | Teen Ink

Classic.

By nikkigrl1088 BRONZE, Parrish, Florida
nikkigrl1088 BRONZE, Parrish, Florida

The classic girl we all love to hate. Gorgeous, smart, funny, sweet, popular; what could ever be wrong with someone like this? She would walk with a certain bounce in her step that makes you sick.

The classic feeling of envy every girl gets in the pit of her stomach. We would want to be her, we will idolize her. But, do we really know what we’re secretly wishing for? How could we ever know how she really is; who she really is? Is it all just a mask… or is she just some angel of perfection dropped from heaven?

The classic thought of pureness. So you’d think anyways. You would never guess that this girl has bruises under her smiles, small scratches that cannot measure up to the hell she puts herself through each day. You would never guess this girl is planning on not living another day on this Earth…

The classic girl we all love to hate. Gorgeous, smart, funny, sweet, popular; what is ever wrong with someone like this? Walking with a certain bounce in her step that makes you sick. All a façade to hide her true feelings; her true intentions… Next time you see this girl, she will be in a casket. Unmoving, unfeeling. But happier then you have ever seen her. You will not be envious of her, you will not remember how much you wanted to be her, how much you idolized her. You will just feel remorse. Remorse, that you never tried to see past the shell.

KarianaGold PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

The grass may be greener on the other side but sometimes when you get there you realize that he flowers were prettier back home.

ggrreeaatt!!

on Dec. 6 2009 at 12:45 am
emmajumbilia SILVER, Bellingham, Washington

"As soon as you stop wanting something, you get it" - Andy Warhol

I love how relatable this is - if you haven't felt this way towards someone, maybe you have been 'the classic girl'. Really moving.

JessicaHarlie BRONZE, McKenzie, Tennessee
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

say my name with a snarl; it compliments me well. (:

i love this piece.. it moves me in such a way.. possibly because this very thing has happened to me. it has happened more than merely once or twice. and at one point, everyone will fall victim to this very ordeal... you've captured these emotions so well. honestly, while reading this, i couldn't help but be brought to tears. this is simply inspirational. i love it.