One Life One Sport,Soccer | Teen Ink

One Life One Sport,Soccer

October 20, 2009
By soccerstar#20 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
soccerstar#20 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

“Yay, yay” as I heard sprinting faster than lightning down the field. The crowd was cheering for me to make the first goal of the game. It was me two-on-one,head-to-head. She was running as fast as she could. Now just one-on-one, the goal-keeper and me. As I shot,the ball went really high bouncing off the post. As I hear the crowds go “aw!!” in a sad voice,then I saw the ball coming back as I thought to myself “wait, what?!” I thought to myself faster than the ball coming back to me. The ball was at my feet most of the other team was on the other half of the field and they had no clue on what was going on. I kicked the ball to the top corner where the goalie could not reach it. The goalie thought I was going to kick it low. But she was wrong, I kicked it so high it almost hit the post again. I would have been mad because the other team would have been on the side I was on and the would have been covering me. I kicked it and it was a goal!! “Yay” my team shouted as the ball hit the net while it made a swoosh noise. I was jumping with joy because we were now ahead on step closer to win state. The referee blew the whistle for the other team to kick off. The other team was determined to get the goal back so we don’t win. One of the girls on the other team passed the ball forward as kylie ran over to steal the ball the girl passed her then kylie sprinted back and came up behind her a stole the ball. Kyile dribbled the ball back to our side of the field. As kylie dribbled the circular ball up the freshly mowed bright green field. She was showing off her moves dribbling between her legs. She shot from the 18 yard box. The goalie dived to try to prevent the ball from going in the goal. The goalie could not stop it as the ball rolled passed the line the referee blew his whistle adding the goal. Kyile was so excited because it was the winning goal to win the state championship. We won!!!!!!! I was so excited. We sat on the bleachers while the rush employeeshanded out the mteals, and all of our parents were taking pictures. We were the number one team in the state of colorado for the u-11 girls.it made us really proud. As we got called up, one-by-one they handed us our metals and trophies, we all cheered in spirit for our teammates hard work. Our coaches got to keep the trophie for the whole team.We walked over to the front of the goal to get our picture took for the front page of the rush magizine. We took one regular picture and then we took one funny picture, we all got to keep a copy of the photos. It was a really good picture of our team, so I put it in a frame and hung it up in my living room. What a wonderful season of soccer. That was the best year ever.