To Fly For A Moment | Teen Ink

To Fly For A Moment

October 19, 2009
By MusicInMyHeart<3 PLATINUM, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
MusicInMyHeart<3 PLATINUM, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
36 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Time will not dim the glory of their deeds...


A heart afraid to love will never learn to dance...


"My mistake, I didn't know to be in love you had to fight to have the upper hand..."


The dark sky, the eerie stillness even when the wind blows through the tree. There’s a storm coming. The air is cold all around me as the the calm before the storm builds suspense and forebodes the wickedness to come. The day stands still. Just like that day she left us. The girl that was meant to change the world, meant to save us all. That beautiful, beautiful girl. Well she was beautiful, once upon a time. Brown, straight hair and brown eyes that saw so deep into her soul. She was beautiful before she was gone. Now she’s an angel but not like she used to be when she walked through our world. No, now she is an angel watching over us like we are hers to protect forever. Everyday I miss her. So many little things remind me of her and I can’t get that pale pure face out of my mind. There was so much she could’ve done with her life, so much hidden talent and passion. If only she were alive. That beautiful girl, now a beautiful angel. A beautiful memory. Thinking of her as the wind blows harder and rustles my clothes against my cold skin. Harder and harder it blows the trees, my clothes, my hair, my tears. And finally the rain starts to pour down, washing the blood from my stained skin. It flows off of me into red pools around my bare feet. I had no sense of time but as I stood with the rain pouring down on me and camouflaging my tears, the cliff became my peaceful place. Sound melted away until I heard only my voice screaming. I felt nothing but the rain stinging me like needles as the wind made me feel like I could fly. For a moment, just a moment, I was flying and then like all the stories, like that beautiful girl...the end.


The author's comments:
My writing just comes out...I start and the words fall onto the page from my pen.