First Kiss | Teen Ink

First Kiss

By basketballlover0620 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
basketballlover0620 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

When he pulled up to my house I was really nervous. It was my first date and so many things could go wrong: What if I didn't look stunning, what if he kisses me and I'm a bad kisser, what if I do something completely embarrassing? All these thoughts were racing through my head. Then I heard the doorbell ring. As I opened the door, I was amazed at hoe gorgeous he looked. His long blond hair was framed perfectly around his face. He was wearing a black Abercrombie button up shirt with faded blue jeans. A silver chain necklace dangled loosely around his neck, and a gold watch was tight around his wrist. But, all I could notice were his eyes- they were as blue as the ocean with a special sparkle in them. I was completely lost in them and I'm pretty sure I would've continued to stare into them if he hadn't of said something.
"Hey Caitlin... wow you look beautiful!" Jordan exclaimed, embarrassed immediately after saying so.
"Thanks Jordan, you look pretty amazing too." I said with a smile on my face,and I blushed.
"Thank you, are you ready to go?" he asked with excitement in his voice.
"Yeah, I'm ready." I replied ecstatically.
I couldn't believe I was going on my first date let alone with such an amazing guy! As we headed outside he opened the car door for me and shut it as soon as he knew I was in completely- he was driving a 1968 Mustang Fastback, it was silver with a black stripe. The car was phenomonal; the silver was radiant in the sunlight! It looked as if there were a million crushed diamonds spread across it. When he started the ignition the radio started blasting 'I am vindicated I am selfish I am wrong I am right I swear I'm right I swear i knew it all along and I am fine but I am cleaning up so well I am seeing in me know the things you swore you saw yourself' my favorite song by Dashboard Confessional. As he reached to turn it off I said,
"No! Can we listen to this song?" When I said this I said it a bit louder than intended-I actually sounded demanding, I felt horrible.
"Haha, ok!" he said with a sense of joy in his voice.
As we arrived at the movie theater everybody was staring at us. They were probably thinking, what's a guy like him doing with a girl like her? Once we began walking up to the ticket booth, he intertwined his hand in mine. The second he wrapped his hand into mine I got a zillion butterflies and my heart began to race. I think he noticed because he looked at me, smiled, then softly chuckled to himself.
"Two tickts for Love Happens please." Jordan asked politely. The ticket lady handed us our tickets and we went inside and got two cokes and a bag of popcorn. As the movie started he put his arm around me and without even thinking I leaned into him. We stayed like this for the remainder of the movie- which was about an hour and 45 minutes. When the movie ended it was very chilly outside and of course I forgot a jacket. But without saying anything he took off his jacket and put it over my shoulders.
"Thanks Jordan! You know you didn't have to do that though, right?" I said.
"Oh I know, but I wanted to." He smiled and winked as he said this. There it was, the smile that can light up the whole world. We walked to his car with our hands intertwined.
On the way back home we listened to 93.3- a station we both agreed was amazing. I was distraught as our date came to an end. As we arrived at my house he opened my door and helped me out of the car. When we reached my front porch he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I could not believe this!
"Goodnight Caitlin, I love you." Jordan said as he kissed my forehead. I was shocked! I couldn't even get a word out. He slowly started to walk away and i whispered,
"I love you too." He heard me, so he turned around, winked, and said,
"See you tomorrow babe, sleep well."
I will never forget anything that happened tonight. Everything was perfect, the night couldn't have been any better. I can't wait to go back to school tomorrow to see Jordan. Things will be different. Things will be better.