Did you notice? | Teen Ink

Did you notice?

By Jezz.E BRONZE, Niceville, Florida
Jezz.E BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Dear friend
I wrote this letter almost as a last hope, I don’t think I’ll ever have the courage to give it to you though. I feel like I have this huge weight on me and every day it gets harder to carry. Did you ever notice how I wear long sleeves even when its 90 degrees outside? Yeah I used to say it was because I was always cold, and you just shrugged and said whatever. Did you ever notice how I never dressed down for gym? I always made up some kind of excuse so I wouldn’t have to show more skin than I wanted and yet someone always bought it. Did you ever notice how I was always seemed to be trying to hold back tears? You asked what was wrong a couple times but never pressed the question… I wish you had. Did you notice how I didn’t like you or anyone else making fun of the weird kids, or the drug addicts or the cutters. It’s because I felt their pain. Did you notice how today I made an offhand comment about how much I cared about you and told you thank you for everything, and you didn’t think anything of it. You always asked why I dropped out of debate and the year book club and why I was always so depressed, but you never pressed me for an answer. Did you notice the scars on my wrist that one time my jacket got stuck for just a second in the door?
If only you knew tonight I had a gun to my head, and I’m about to pull the trigger… I wish you knew

I wrote this because I know how it feels to be afraid to talk to someone and tell them whats going on but wishing so desperately they would notice.
Pay attention to the people around you.... they might be in desperate need of your attention