Yellow Lines

A girl once told me, the yellow lines in the middle of the road were to keep you from going to a different world. I doubted her. But I wonder if it’s true: The best reason I ever heard for a superstitious child on why not to cross the lines. So I was driving back home that day. I couldn’t help but stare at the yellow lines, at every red light I came to. And I decided, thinking about what that girl said, to cross them. Cross those 2in thick lines. So I did. So-far I wasn’t being transported-anywhere, but an inch away from where I was a second ago. I took some deep breaths and tried to feel something, yet nothing happened. Until, I reached a hill to come over. Then it was a thrill, being on the wrong side of the road at mid-7oclock. I saw lights, bright lemon-yellow ones. The lights came flying over the hill and straight for me. Then I was transported to a different world. A distant one, that didn’t really have a ground. A distant place called heaven. I guess the girl was right. The yellow lines in the middle of the road are keeping you from going to a different world. I just wish I could have told her she was right.

evie428 said...
Haha this is great! I would have never thought up something like this! Your moral is so true! :D

marie95 said...
Really great! That little girl is so right. I find it pure genius. What inspired you?

Bliss replied...
Jan. 5, 2010 at 4:40 pm :
why thank you! haha We were going on a road trip in Virginia. And my dad drives on the middle, yellow line. so i was always looking down out the window to see if hed cross it accidentally