Smoke | Teen Ink

Smoke

By cr8zchick4life BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
cr8zchick4life BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

I wake up.The sun is vigorously shining on my face & its so bright that it starts to burn my eyes.I slip on my ripped jeans and a crimson t-shirt and i make my way out of the room.The hallway is dark & it smells like black & mild cigarrettes,a scent im used to.I dont know how to explain it but my instinct is telling me not to walk into the living room,but i walk into it anyway.But then i feel dizzy and fain and i cant breathe and i start to cough and then and then......

i wake up again,but this time im in a whole different place.The walls are white and people in white dresses and clothes are walking around me.My vision is blurry & i cant hear that great,soi cant understand a word they're saying.Maybe im dead I tell myself.''Are you awake?''someone says.''uh...yeah.But where am I?''Im really praying he wont say that im in heaven.''Your in the hospital''he says.''Your dad was smoking and he threww the cigarette butt in the trash can.The whole place went up into flames.Luckily your neighbor smelled the smoke and he kicked down the door.Your very, very, lucky you know.''Actually i didnt know that.''But what about my dad?''I asked.He cant be dead I
tell myself.He just cant be.''Your father is..hes uh dead.The ceiling caved in and he was buried in the ashes.Hes done sweetheart.Im very sorry about your loss''The doctor says this in the most sympathetic way, but yet I still cant help my self and I cry.he walks out of the room quietly closes the door and lets me grieve in peace.I will never be the same again.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland