DAUGHTER

"Why do you do this to me?!?!" I shouted through short gasps of breath. The tears were like fire as they rolled down my face leaving little blazing trails. I tried to hold them back because I didn't want her to have the satisfaction of seeing me like this.
"I didn't do this to you! I took you away from your fatherso that I wouldn't have to see and hear you cry out in pain from all the bruises and welts he would leave on you!!!"
Her words stung, they stung like a wasp's sting in the summer. By now, I couldn't hold back any of the rage or tears or anything else I was holding back from her.
"So you are telling me that you took me away from him to PROTECT me?!?!" I screamed at her.
"Yes! I was tired of his hurtful words and actions twards everyone, especially you!!" she yelled back. I had just noticed that she was crying to.
"Some protection that was! Now I am stuck here with you!! Just because you don't hit me and beat me doesn't mean that you aren't abusing me!!"
"How could I abuse you!?!? You are my DAUGHTER, my own kid! I could never hurt you!!" she answered through sobs.
"You yell and scream and leave me alone for days, even weeks at a time!! Now that I think about it, You aren't around enough to abuse me, you just neglect me!!" By then I didn't care how many people heard me. I was tired of hidding all this from everyone. I didn't have any friends because I was to scared of people to talk, let alone hang out.
"I don't negelect you! I never have and never could neglect you or abuse you!! You are my daughter and I love you." I could tell that even as she said them, she was trying to convince herself it was true.
"Mom, I am 11! You can't leave me home alone that long!! If you don't stop I will leave. I would be so happy to do that, just so I would never ever have to see your face again!!" After I said that, I saw the pain I had caused her. That was when I knew I had won because she ran away in muffled sobs. Seeing that pain, feeling the victory wash over me, you would think that I would have felt great, but I didn't. I felt regret, saddness, and pain. I couldn't even believe that I was feeling that of all things! All I could think was "Why? Why would you hurt someone like that, especially someone you were supposed to love? Why?!?!" I felt like screaming, I felt like dieing, actually I felt like apologizing. I don't know why that came into my head, but I knew that I had to say that I was sorry because if I didn't I could never try to pick up the shattered peices of our relationship and my life.

*Rainbow~Hearts~Smiles* said...
Spencer you'r writing is amazing. This story is great!
Love ya!
From: You know who!