Stealing in Serbia | Teen Ink

Stealing in Serbia

By jonathan casillas BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
jonathan casillas BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas

Stealing In Serbia
It all started in a foggy morning, so foggy you couldn’t see two feet in front of you. Our head orphan had told us of a bread shop with an old man that couldn’t really defend himself. It was like taking candy from a baby in his words. We each got one chance to get a loaf of bread. Once we succeeded on came the whistles and yells telling us to halt. There was a clutter of all the orphans running to get away and not get caught. I wasn’t the fastest so I had hopped in a trash pile, still holding my loaf of bread like a new mother holding her baby. It was most important to me. It hurt to see all my friends had be captured and I had hidden like a coward. I had to get my friends back, no matter what circumstance. I planned day after day for a week to come up with a plan to get my friends back. After I had come up with a solution I set off on my quest, hoping to come back victorious. As I was walking I had thought about the story I had read the day before we stole the bread. It was a knight sent to kill a dragon. I could imagine the feeling in him, waiting for the dragon to come and having to stand in front and fight without running. I felt the same way except the dragon was the head of the police. As I made a decoy by starting a fire all the police and gotten on their horses and rode off to the seen leaving the door wide open for me to go inside and retrieve all my friends. I found the keys to the cell and I was off a long hallway with the only light in there was the moon shining through the barred window. I creeped along as I came across a long wooden door with spikes. I opened it in which a loud screech came from the door, I had to hurry if I wanted to be successful I knew someone had heard. As I was opening the cell door I heard screams and a loud bang. I turned around to see 4 men, one with a gun and the other with torches. I felt a stinging sensation in my back. I knew then I had been shot.

It has a twist you might like

dule05 BRONZE said...
on Oct. 30 2009 at 12:57 pm
dule05 BRONZE, Kraljevo, Other
1 article 1 photo 102 comments
hmm, not sure what the main point is...why did you choose Serbia?