....and the world went silent

There was something in the air that night, A poison which was bound to grow into me. Destiny handed me a script, My future was written down in a tragedy; I chose my role and played my part to an end.

Like the fool that I was.

I watched the stars closely that night and wondered how long it'd be before my time to shine in the brightly in the skies, the terror of the thought took me by susprise. The night was calm, my heart was wild.
It was the calm before the storm, my play had offically began. The world before then had drifted, spinned and twisted as I had wasted away, rotting into the ground bit by bit. That night fate took another direction, I followed blindly. Had I known the ending to my story, had I seen what was to come. It ended as fast as it began. I told myself I would change fate. I told myself I wouldn't be found dead.

...However, death truly makes an artist.

I counted the stars in the sky that night, I watched as the stars mulitpiled and this time I knew what was to come. The emptiness of the thought took me by susprise. The night was wild, my heart was calm.

It was only a matter of time now...

Johanna218 said...
I am the original author of this poem, I wrote this many years ago. I would appreciate it if you would not take credit for it, since I am planning on using a couple of lines from this poem on another piece that I am working on now. 

Loki17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
A few spelling/grammar errors, but overall a powerful piece.  Very strong voice.

StephD said...
This is such an amazing piece of writing! Its so beautiful! keep writing cause you are amazing!

DaydreamBeliever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really, really beautiful :) My favourite line was also "...However, death truly makes an artist."

^unshed.tears said...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 10:41 am
Good story, very descriptive :) there were some spelling problems, and me being an OCD freak, I noticed them lol but it happens to the best of us :) I really liked your wording and my favorite line was "...However, death truly makes an artist." Beautiful :)

inksplatters21 said...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 8:43 am
Very powerful.  I like that it's short, sweeet, and to the point

tallgirl1222 said...

The narrator's fatalistic view of his life reminded me of this quote: "I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano, A stage, where every man must play a part; And mine a sad one."

-The Merchant of Venice Quote Act I. scene I.

Also, I really loved this piece of writing.  The descriptions and sentence structure was amazing.  Keep it up!

Waterlogged said...
It was amazing how you crammed so much feeling into so few words.......

Ninaheartsthe#123 said...
That was really depressing and sad, but the words you used were very adult, very. . . intelligent.
I enjoyed it when you said, "However, death truly makes an artist." It sounded like stephen King wrote it himself!
KEEP ON WRITING! YOU'RE VERY GOOD!

KiraKira said...
amazing! Breathtaking! :)

scotty and ttyty said...
Sept. 30, 2009 at 11:12 am
Very good description i also liked the story

Zaina M. said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 1:58 am
This is goood. :)

Schubster said...
That was fantastic...Bravo! I would love it if you considered to write a sequal though...I would really look forward to it! :) keep up the great work!
check out my work?

Zero_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Enigmatic. "Death truly makes an artist" I love that line.
-Blessed Be!
+++ZERO+++

ultrabookworm said...
Magnificent.

arigoesrawrr said...
It was a little confusing but good at the same time. =]

LilaEnvyy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like it :)

writeyourstory said...
omg this is amazing ;)