Unbreakable Spell | Teen Ink

Unbreakable Spell

September 18, 2009
By futurprez SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
futurprez SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
5 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
-Geddy Lee


He wore a dark grey trench coat. Black glasses covered his amber eyes. In his hand was a black bag. The contents of this bag were as of yet unknown to this oddly dressed sixteen year old. He hoped deep down that they would never be revealed. The one thing he did know was to whom he was to deliver the bag. His father had given it to him with an address. No explanation for the task was given. The task was ordered and expected to be executed without thought or question, like those in the past. Fear of being part of an immoral act gripped him. His father had been involved in a number of crimes before and this time seemed no different. But for the boy, this time was different. Something inside of him changed. This time, the bag would not make it to its destination. Impulsively, he turned and ran to the end of the alley. The bag seemed glued to his hand as he tried desperately to unclench his sweaty fist. When he finally withdrew his fingers from the bag, he shook with a feeling of uncontrolled freedom, and he knew that he would never again deliver a bag of blood for his father. He had done the impossible. He had broken the unbreakable spell.


The author's comments:
I wrote this for an English assignment where we had to write a short story that showed depth of character but did not reveal much about the main character.